hey guys i am new to this board and need some advice on how to get the ex back. We just broke up almost two months ago. we were together for nine months. we hadnt talked the whole time that we were split until last wednesday. I called her on her cell to tell her that i had a package for her. It had her favorite cd, a bag of her favorite candy, a note 5 pages long in which i spilt my guts, a hallmark card and a cd with some songs in it that meant something to me and her. When we spoke she was working out of town. She was very standoffish and somewhat rude. at the end of the conversation i told her i loved her and she did not return the favor she simply sighed and said we will talk about this later. well that was last wednesday and this is tuesday and still no response. she received the gift friday night when she returned to town. I am worried, maybe i am being anxious but i just dont understand. Oh yeah another thing i did that was stupid was i told her a long time ago that i thought i had her wrapped around my finger and i also said that if we ever split up it wouldnt bother me. i said i have been hurt so much in the past that i am numb to being hurt by girls. could she be trying to make me eat my words or what? please give me some good advice on how to get her back or what should i do? dan j

danny let's look at this. you made two mistakes. one if you knew that it was going to hurt you by saying that "it didnt bother you" if you two broke up then now she's not going to forget that. also you said that you had her "wrapped around your finger" wasnt the best thing to say at all either. im not putting you down or talking down on you. but those are probably why she was rude to you on the phone. you have to becareful what you say to someone about things like that because it makes them feel bad. if you make an apology to her about the things you said then she may forgive you. you just have to remember that things like that can really upset a woman. so thats all i can say, but this you may want to watch what you say because it can come back on you.

Hi Danny,

Welcome to eNotalone.com and thank you for coming to us with your concerns and questions. I am sorry to hear that things didn't go the way you planned.

Everyone make mistakes in their lives, that's just human nature. The trick is to apologize and try to get on one line again, like Dragon suggested. It's just not very helpful to hold it against you now, since you realized what you have done and where the bear sits. I am sure next time you will do things a little more different.

I would like to suggest you this: if she's not calling you on Wednesday or contacting you at all, YOU call HER again. I tend to believe that she might not really been convinced yet. Vary sweet words and words of apologies for what you have done with questions over how she feels. Tell her that you still care for her a lot and that you really would like to give things a second chance.

My suggestions have two reasons:

1) You will know where you stand after you hung up

2) She will know that you are very serious about it

I hope this will bring you together again. I wish you luck and strength to pull this through.

~ SwingFox ~

hi danny, i responded to you pm, and i kept getting error messages about your email address. If you did not get the private messages, please let me know, as i haven´t heard back from you. It was a long and detailed pm about the concerns you had in this situation..

thanx alot...

cookies