Confused as Ex broke NC...Need help please...

jmr19114425

What's going on? I just wanted some input or feedback on my situation. if you need refresh, just check my thread...

Anyways, 2 weeks ago today (Tues, 3/16), I being the nice guy that I am stepped out of NC of about 4 weeks to go help pick my ex up and drop her at her moms after she dropped her car off for oil change (I should have just let her ass walk around the mall for 4 hours). Anyways, I keep it cold as I can on the drive, BS small talk, woot woot. She knows how I feel - That we can't be friends and I don't want to be. So anyways, after that, NC for 2 weeks which brings to this past week...

Background info: I work in financial services - I help people get out of debt, get insurances, investments, etc.

So she needs help with her debt so she calls me yesterday (Monday 3/15); No big deal, keep it biz and don't go anywhere near us. I tell her I will help her out. That's fine.

So this (Tues) morning though, she calls me again to ask for directions to this doctor who she always used to go to. I was thinking why out of all people, did you call me? Then she proceeds to small talk, whatever. After though, she finally says, well, How are you doing though? I said literally "We can talk later; I gotta go I'm kinda busy,"

I could tell by how her voice got, that she was hurt by me deflecting the question, but I'm kinda like...is she really trying to 'friendzone' me? (REason I'm thinking is cuz she just jumped in a relationship which I think is stupid) or... does she miss me? I'm trying really hard to not look too hard into it, b/c part of me feels like I'm being used - even though its small stuff, I feel like she is calling only when she needs things. What do you think?

Truth is, I want to call her every day, but I'm sticking with NC as much as possible. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks.

but I'm sticking with NC as much as possible. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks.

Well, you aren't really. You don't have to do those things for her but you are choosing to do them. It is perfectly fine to tell her that these contacts aren't working for you and that you don't want to be her friend. If you do want her back then tell her that if she wants that too you will listen but if she does not want that then please do not keep calling you.

I think you should just ignore her when she calls you, that's what no contact is about, even if they talk to you then you just ignore them (unless it's something important or they want you back or something). I think she may miss you but not in a relationship way, so you got to be careful here as she could be wanting to be friends.

I understand how you feel though, it's tough, especially when they talk to you in a friend type way but the best thing for you really is strict no contact.

Archived