Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Traveling to the east coast of US, I need your help. :)!

Sparkly Eyes

Where are you flying from? Denver's not really on the way to Boston if you're coming from Europe (or are you coming from Canada?). I would try to get a flight straight into Boston Logan airport if that's going to be your first stop.

I don't LOVE NYC, but I think it's a must see for any tourist coming to the United States. It's just so ... big, and so New York! It's perfectly safe as long as you don't venture out in deserted places alone at night. All of the tourist sights are in safe locations and quite crowded, so apart from pickpockets you have nothing to fear!

Yes, I believe any inbound international flight has to go through US customs.

There are customs in all major airports in the US though, so no need to go through Denver if it's not on the way. Fly straight to Boston if you can - the fewer layovers and connections, the lower the chance of something going wrong with your travel plans!

I live in NYC so I can tell you from experience at certain times the trains will be over crowded and you may just have to wait for the next train. But it is a very reliable way to get around in general. You can also take the bus, which is a slower, but a better way to avoid getting squashed, although sometimes it can be just as crowded lol.

I've been to washington DC before. Very nice and many important things and places. You'll like it there : ) Since I was only there for about 3 days can't tell you much about it xD sorry.

Where are you flying from? Denver's not really on the way to Boston if you're coming from Europe (or are you coming from Canada?). I would try to get a flight straight into Boston Logan airport if that's going to be your first stop.

I don't LOVE NYC, but I think it's a must see for any tourist coming to the United States. It's just so ... big, and so New York! It's perfectly safe as long as you don't venture out in deserted places alone at night. All of the tourist sights are in safe locations and quite crowded, so apart from pickpockets you have nothing to fear!

I'm coming from Canada. The flight that passes Denver is the cheapest one, so I go with that one.

I gotta second Hex on this one. I'm born and raised in northern California and then moved to NY... San Francisco and Boston are, thus far, probably my two favorite cities in this country and great places to visit if you are touring.

Boston.... so much history! But also so much to do... great town. SF is just so unique, so charming and plain cool. Tons worth seeing and doing in both places.

Of course NYC is worth it too... but gotta talk up my faves

4 days in boston and I can spend like 3 days in the other city.

Well... since Boston is on the list, I'd say either NYC or DC for the other east coast city. Those two are going to offer the most options in terms of history, attractions, etc.

But what is your top priority? What do you like to do/see? ... Museums? Art? Tours? Architecture? Shows? Shopping?

Well... since Boston is on the list, I'd say either NYC or DC for the other east coast city. Those two are going to offer the most options in terms of history, attractions, etc.

But what is your top priority? What do you like to do/see? ... Museums? Art? Tours? Architecture? Shows? Shopping?

I don't really wanna shop, but I care about all the others, specially architecture.

I don't really wanna shop, but I care about all the others, specially architecture.

DC probably has the edge on NYC a bit for museums, but there are still great ones there, and awesome art and history.... and of course shows in New York! So why not NYC? It would be fun

Do you think NY would not be a safe place for me to go? Do you think I should just suck it up and go to one of these places alone?

NYC is safer than DC. Especially if traveling alone.

k thanks, I get the ticket then. Denver has the customs, right? that would be my first stop.

Denver has the BEST airport. The view of the Rocky Mountains is awesome!

Denver has the BEST airport. The view of the Rocky Mountains is awesome!

Nah...Honolulu wins for best airport.... open air! Little birdies flying in and perfect weather.... ahhh. ... But I guess that isn't a layover option here hehe

Archived