Open Club  ·  23 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Traveling to the east coast of US, I need your help. :)!

Sparkly Eyes

I am going to go to united states for the first time this month to visit the country and my friends. I will first go to Boston and then California. I was told by my friends that I should visit other cities in east coast such as New York or Washington when I'm on the east side. However, I'm kinda scared to do that, because those are big cities and I would have go there alone by myself.

What are your thoughts? Should I do it? What city would you suggest me to go that is safe and fun to be in? If you have a city in mind, what are the attractions of that city? I really need help!:splat:

I loved Washington! There is so much history around there and the Smithsonian Museum! I really liked Boston too! You are going to the west coast after?

Yes...I think the idea of traveling alone is a bit sad and scary to me,lol. I have done it once before tho and I really wished I had someone to share it with.

Do you think NY would not be a safe place for me to go? Do you think I should just suck it up and go to one of these places alone?

Yes...I think the idea of traveling alone is a bit sad and scary to me,lol. I have done it once before tho and I really wished I had someone to share it with.

Do you think NY would not be a safe place for me to go? Do you think I should just suck it up and go to one of these places alone?

It can be pretty freeing. I travel alone when I was younger. I was afraid but you just have to go for it. Fear keeps you immobile and you learn nothing that way.

Boston is a great city. Lots to do and see. As to traveling alone, it's fine just use common sense and be alert. Like any city in the world. Americas tend to be fairly helpful to tourists, and I've always heard travelers say 'Americans are so friendly!' lol Who knew?! SF is great as is Seattle and the PNW.

Boston is a great city. Lots to do and see. As to traveling alone, it's fine just use common sense and be alert. Like any city in the world. Americas tend to be fairly helpful to tourists, and I've always heard travelers say 'Americans are so friendly!' lol Who knew?! SF is great as is Seattle and the PNW.

Boston ... the greatest city in the world!!!!!

You will love Boston, we are nice to tourist. You just have to learn our accents around here. Throw in a 'wicked' in every sentence and you will fit in perfectly.

Boston ... the greatest city in the world!!!!!

You will love Boston, we are nice to tourist. You just have to learn our accents around here. Throw in a 'wicked' in every sentence and you will fit in perfectly.

Absolutely. Boston is the east coast SF.

I really don't think you should be overly concerned with safety when in the US. New York City should be fine, lots to see there.

Crime rate is actually quite high in the US compared to other countries.

NYC is a big place, be careful. Cabs and subways are pretty reliable there.

How long does it take usually to pass the american customs? is 2 hours between my flights enough?

It shouldn't take longer than an hour, from my experience at least. Just have your passport and paperwork ready and you should be fine.

Not to mention Cape Cod

I was born on Cape Cod, it's a beautiful place, beaches, salty air, and great seafood. Boston has lots of history, many places worth seeing, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, The Common, Fenway Park and much more.

Driving in the city is crazy, and you're better off using public transportation, The "T."

I'm middle eastern tho...they might think I have a bomb in my underwear,lol.

"Miss, you've been pre-selected for an additional security screening, please step this way."

lol No worries though, I've been through it and it takes 10mins max.

"Miss, you've been pre-selected for an additional security screening, please step this way."

lol No worries though, I've been through it and it takes 10mins max.

k thanks, I get the ticket then. Denver has the customs, right? that would be my first stop.

I was born on Cape Cod, it's a beautiful place, beaches, salty air, and great seafood. Boston has lots of history, many places worth seeing, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, The Common, Fenway Park and much more.

Driving in the city is crazy, and you're better off using public transportation, The "T."

I LOVED Cape Cod!! My husband and I went there on our first holiday 20 years ago.

Archived