please help before i screw up!

my bfs cousin is gettin married and im invited,i love the idea,although i dont with the fact his mate is coming.his mate never speaks to me,and when conversation strikes up im never included,so im just ther bein quiet all night and i hate it its so boring,and i have to listen to him goin on about girls (hes single) and to my bf n it makes me insecure n awkward.so im really not lookin forward to this family event,i feel like sayin i cant come and stay at home but i dont want to so its a viscous circle.i just know on the day and night ill b there inbetween them both chattin and ill never speak a word ill be SO bored,and im also dreadin the fact his mate will b talkin about girls and ill feel awful.My bf will hav to pay attention to his mate and cant just focus on me all night,i know this for sure but im afraid ill b feelin left out all night n when i get drunk ill end up sayin things ill regret for feelin so crap,or ill have a face on me all day.PLEASE can anybody give me advice on this matter? i really dont want to seem a misery guts on his cousins big day.thanx

Talk to your b/f before going to the wedding. Tell him what's on your mind. Weddings are fun, get lost in the crowd, sit with other people. The two of you can excuse yourself...go dance, talk to other people. There's no reason to sit and listen to someone go on about himself all night.

If you can't get away, try changing the subject and make a point to get in the conversation. Whatever you do, don't do too much and regret it the next day for not being yourself.

It's up to you to make it fun, take control and enjoy the day!!

Take care,

Woobiegirl

woobiegirl is right, don't overdo the booze, and talk to your boyfriend.

If you KNOW that the situation is going to be impossible, then tell your boyfriend that and explain why. If he's decent, he'll understand and let it be. Or maybe, he'll recognize that he could help by splitting his time away from his mate and spending some with you, introducing you to family, so you have other people to talk to besides the self centered single guy.

Don't just make an excuse to your boyfriend, thats lying and its unhealthy. Tell him the truth, and go, or don't go, but chances are your boyfriend knows the situation better than any of us on here, and will be able to help you come up with an acceptable solution. If not... its only one night, don't get too hammered and just cope for an evening of hell , it shows support for your boyfriend which he will probably appreciate, and if he understands that your doing it for him he'll appreciate it all the more.