Any of u guys have this problem?

In life whenever i suceend in something and start to feel good about it always seems like someone comes around and puts me down and makes the self-esteem and confidence i just gained go back down.Like when i get good grades and stuff people will put me down and call me a school girl although i would like to try and that ahs put me in a bad grade streak.Like i know games arent all that important but like on a game called counter strike today(since this is the most rescent) i was doing really really good in this one server which makes me feel a lil more confident and gain more self esteem because i do good in front of friends.But then i get banned from the server and they say i was hacking which is cheating in games.And i have never touched a hack in my whole time playing online games.Why cant i just receive some recognition on the things i do.Why do i always have to be stated as a cheater or being lucky.I mean nobody ever likes when u do good at anything and they always seem to put u down.I mean i give people nice job's and stuff and say things good about them when they do suceed.These r the types of thing sthat wear down on self-esteem.

People usually put u down or make fun of you when they are jealous or envy something you have or the person you are, i know its easy to just say ignore them, but i know its easier said then done.. But when someone puts u down or says something mean to you then just remember it is because there is something about you that they are jealous of and so they make u feel bad for it because they cant have it.. make sense ?

Anyways good luck and i hope you feel better soon!

Hey man,

Alright well let me start by saying I'm a male of your age and I've been browsing these forums recently. Until I see your post here I hadn't really found a need to register. I'll make this quick since it's usually better that way.

I don't know how much "experience" you've had with the real world, but let me tell you it flat out stinks. Seriously, I truly believe there's only 1% of the population on who any person as an individual can agree with. We can get along with each other and that's great, but for each individual, there are very few people who can agree with them.

As for my advice, BreArna mentioned that these people may be jealous or something. This is many times the case. It seems you have very little confidence in yourself... I assume people have been doing this for a while. I suggest to you two things: First, take some time out of your day/night and just think about things. Try to come to terms with society as a whole and how all different sorts of people are truly your friend. Realizing the truth is a big step. Secondly, if you believe in yourself, DO NOT CARE what they say or think. It's great to get advice from people, but so many times they'll just try to tear you apart. Once I stopped caring, as long as I did what I felt was the RIGHT THING to do, I turned golden. People can laugh at me for stupid things. I may get an award for good behavior or something and they'll laugh, but I don't care and I couldn't be happier. Believe in yourself and do what's best for YOU. As long as you aren't hurting other people just forget their harsh criticism. If they complement you, then I'd talk to them more because they could probably be a VERY good friend to have.

Hope that helps.

- Chris

Unfortunately, there are more bad and envious people than nice, good people out there.

People criticize you because they are jealous of you. You have to learn to be indifferent to them and I am unable to help you because the envy of others does hurt me a lot too.

However, it is important for you to recognize good and supportive friends. They are not easy to find but when you do stick to them.

Jealous and bad people are so engulfed in their problems, that they don't even notice they are being evil.

Take care!

We can presume that only half of the population is mean and sensitive-less. If you enlarge your friends circle you'll find the correct proportion - I mean you'll be able to see how many - from all the friends you have are acting in this mean manner and how many don't.

If 4 from 5 friends do treat you like this today, tomorrow get read of them and find other 4 - maybe from the new 4 only 2 will act like that. Get read of them too!

It's not easy to change the people that you are staying with, but seeing them will hurt you on long-term, and your self-esteem will fall more and more - I say this from own experience.

Be realistic - it's a pretty big effort (to meet new people and give up old friends) but it eases your life and assures a good future instead of a neurosis.

Believe me, there are a lot of good, sensitive people too.

DO NOT STAY WITH PEOPLE THAT TREAT YOU BAD, WITHOUT RESPECT AND LOWER YOUR SELF-ESTEEM.

It really depends on your own outlook on how you see things.

You should see it as a compliment that people would kick you for playing so well that they think you hack.

One of my roommates is good at CS and when he gets kicked for having a good kill/death ratio he gets a good laugh out of it and just joins another server.

Learn to believe in yourself and have self confidence and no one can put you down. It's something we could all learn from: stop caring too much about what other people think about us. Make people accept us for who we are, good and bad.

Listen to me, everybody else's posts are pretty much to the point .

Understand this people will laugh if you are smart, dumb, pretty, ugly, or self conscious, or conceited. Who cares?

If they laugh at you for it then turn it into something positive.

Example:

My friend who is a native speaker of spanish/english hates it when native speakers of spanish tell her she needs to improve her spanish speaking skills. We both know she is highly intelligent and fluent enough to speak better than these people here. I told her don't be intimidated that they are criticizing you for it . What they really are saying is" why are you so intelligent?" Who do you think you are?"

Read between the lines- people are going to be jealous simply because you possess something they wish or don't have and will beat you up with insults just to get you angry.

The same people have insecurities or shortcomings that would make them a laughing stock if others are able to expose them for what they really are by their weaknesses.

Turn it around and feel good and admit that the only reason they are saying those things is because you have something they wish they had.

You are a gem think about it. 8) 8) 8)