How do you feel about thong underwear?

g84

I don't understand how they cause infections unless..

1) You wear them ridiculously tight/too small and constantly wear ones that aren't made of breathable material.

2) You don't know what a shower + soap are.

I wear them constantly..90% of mine are 100% cotton..the other 10% are for 'sexy' occasions or going out.

When I wear boy shorts or regular bikini panties..they welcome themselves into my crack even more so than my thongs do..I can't feel the thongs..but I can feel the others due to all the extra fabric.

this is part of what i've found/read:

''One way a thong might be a culprit of infection is that it can serve as a conduit for bacteria. Since a thong is a continuous and close fitting strip of fabric, it can easily pick up fecal matter and bacteria from the anus, and if the thong moves, can carry that matter forward to the vagina and urinary tract. One gynecologist likened a thong to a subway car transporting bacteria from the rectum to the vagina. UTIs and some types of vaginitis (although not yeast infections) are caused by bacteria, often from fecal matter, which is why thongs could be implicated in some instances of infection.''

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So like...are you guys wearing the thong inside your butt crack? Cause mine doesn't go in my butt crack. It goes over it. If it's going IN the butt crack, then it's too small.

Yeah I agree with this, I wear thongs all the time and they are so comfy I don't even feel them and they deff aren't going up my but crack. I think it's funny that people think they can get infections from them. I've worn them for years......

Scorpion Fury, i'm confused as to how it can be prevented from going inside there, though lol. From my past experience, it tends to happen, even if the thong isn't very tight. I guess i don't understand how it can stay over the area, without ending up inside.

Scorpion Fury, i'm confused as to how it can be prevented from going inside there, though lol. From my past experience, it tends to happen, even if the thong isn't very tight. I guess i don't understand how it can stay over the area, without ending up inside.

you can get the occasional wedgie with a thong just like regular butt chonies, I'm saying that's not where it belongs though. It shouldn't stay in your crack. If it does, they're not the right size.

I'm just curious...how does it stay snug if it's not in your crack. If it completely stayed out of there, I'd be worried about them sliding down when I moved around.

dunno, but it does. it goes right over it. they stay put for the most part, but yes occasionally they move and you just adjust them. if it keeps doing it over and over again, they could be too big.

Knickers do you mean? I mostly wear shorts.

Jeans or cords. Just never been a problem for me other than when I (rarely) wear a dress.

No, I meant actual pants. Any pants I wear, whether jeans or dress-pants, there will be a visible panty-line if I don't wear a thong, which is ... so not classy. A few people have mentioned boyshorts, briefs, lacy underwear and even french knickers? They all leave VPL, as far as I know...

... so I was wondering what kind of pants you guys wear.

I realize I'm getting old, but I remember a time where looking like you weren't wearing underwear was kinda skanky.

There was a product in the 70s called "Underalls"....it was an all-in-one panty hose & panty garment. I have my suspicions that the dreaded "panty lines" were made to be an issue as a way to sell Underalls.

link removed

Realize that I have more important things to worry about than panty lines. What are people going to say? "Oh my God....you're wearing UNDERWEAR...you brazen hussy!"

aaahahhahaa, too funny!

There's some underwear that is lazer cut.

I work at my mum's lingerie shop and most ladies buy the lazer cut underwear.

link removed

I have tried all different sizes and never found a thong that didn't ride into my crack... and having had cystitis, I DEFINITELY don't encourage bacteria transmission by wearing the (oh-so accurately and spookily described) 'subway'.

Seriously, all the lingerie models I have seen seem to have no thong visible at the back - so tbh I have always assumed they were supposed to ride in there... which is why I've always hated them. To me, the thongs pictured a few pages ago aren't thongs, more like Bonsai Grannypants.

I love, LOVE lace and discreet frills, and I've had no complaints. Any guy who thinks he gets to choose what I wear day in day out is out of the game. Of course I dress to please but... only in what I like to wear anyway. I've done the 'I can control your life' guy and I'm not going back there!

Just say no to butt floss.

haha yes. My sentiments exactly. thongs= for me

if there are issues with panty lines, then I just go with nothing!

But I really don't have that issue too much as I don't wear tight pants often.

For me I am all about just regular cotton bikini cut. I have anything synthetic. uhhgg ew

My daughter and I have been discussing this (she agrees with me btw) and wondered - do men see a woman who wears thongs as a woman who will be - er - up for other things in those places??

Are they a secret indicator of certain preferences?

I know it works in my case... (ie - I don't - and I don't... )

Archived