Getting back together???? I dont know

confusedgirrl

I was involved with this guy that I work with for a while and things werent progressing as they should, so after getting alot of advice i decided to go NC but that was not possible so I stopped initiating contact with him and we tried to be just friends. This happened around september and from that time until now I have not called him, texted him or emailed him first, he has been the one doing all of the initiating, if I felt like responding I would but if I didnt I wouldnt worry about it.

Fast forward to last night, we hung out for a bit and then he brought me home, as I was getting out of the car he hugged me and whispered in my ear that he thinks he might love me. At first I was sure i miss heard him so I didnt say anything. I stayed in the car a little longer talking about something work related because i have been out from work for the last 6 weeks and he told me that he really missed seeing me at work. I didnt respond to that either and he asked me if I had heard what he said before and I told him I dont think I heard the right thing and asked him to repeat it. Sure enough he told me that he might love me again, I was shocked to say the least and I kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye because i didnt know what to say to that statement.

I woke up this morning and he sent me an email saying he had a nice time last night and it was good spending time with me. I asked him if he remembered what he told me last night and if he meant it. He told me that I am constantly on his mind and that he looks forward to seeing me and talking to me and that he thinks that he is very close to being certain he loves me.

Right now I am flabbergasted, I dont know what to say to that, I thought we were just being friends and now he springs that on me. This is the first time since we started dating that he has said anything remotely close to that.

We havent had any talk about getting back together but someone would not say something like that and not want to do anything about it. Right????

Any one have any input. I am going crazy trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Maybe I am reading too much into it. Someone help me before I go crazy.

"I think I might be in love"???

what does that mean?

Did you notice he said that right as you guys pulled up to your place last night?

hint: lets go inside and get intimate...

he hadn't said it since yall became friends...he hadn't bothered to say it earlier in the evening...

it just so happened to come out in front of your house as the evening was about to end...

he sounds to me like he was trying to play with...

what does that mean?

Did you notice he said that right as you guys pulled up to your place last night?

he hadn't said it since yall became friends...he hadn't bothered to say it earlier in the evening...

it just so happened to come out in front of your house as the evening was about to end...

Pretty cynical, i didnt get that at all from what she said.

Right- he said he thinks he might be in love with her...

I'm a guy...and that is about as non-committal and as useless of a statement as a guy can make to wet a girl's emotional appetite...

Yes I am a bit cynical...always have been...but I'm just trying to be a voice of reason from the guy's side of the fence...based on my own experiences and those of others that I know...

what does that mean?

It was not possible that he said that because he wanted to come inside because due to my living situation he has never been inside my house so that wasnt even an option.

I know people say things and dont mean it but, why would he say it now for the first time after all these months, if all he wanted was sex he was getting it before without ever saying it so why say it or mention it now.

well of course I cannot be 100% because I do not 100% know ur exact situation...

I just know from my own experience as a guy...we always have to keep a list of ex girlfriends and other girls that want us (that we do not really want that badly) on a hook during a dry spell...nothing more disappointing for a guy to have a dry spell and have noone to fall back on...

its the ultimate act of selfishness- but it happens.

i mean- the only time i've ever used "i think i'm falling in love with you" is early in a relationship to let the girl know- man i really think a lot of you but i'm not ready to open up 100% just yet.

but if i've dumped a girl...its because i was ready to move on...the only ex I have that I would not go back for just for sex is my ex wife...reason being?? WAYY too many freaking complications...so if you guys did not have terrible complications or terrible disappointment/pain in the relationship...then sex is likely on the table till either one of you 2 are married at some point.

even after marriage...its still a delicate situation...

Archived