I want to get married young.

Well I would rather live my life BEFORE I settle down and get married (not saying that I won't live when I'm married either), rather than marry young, have kids and a husband, and then have to second-think all my decisions because it's no longer about me, but having them to be considered as well. I'm not saying you can't have fun and live when you're married, I'm just saying it's much easier when you're not and there are a lot more things you can do too. Besides, who are we kidding, when you're already settled into family life and have kids that go to school and a career or husband/wife to tend to, how often can you find the time to take weekend trips or make spontanous decisions? Not as often enough as when you're single and without many commitments.

People generally become set in their ways past 30. They tend to think that "their way is the right way" or so to speak, which makes it difficult. People find it harder to compromise as they have been living on their own and doing it their way for so long.

And young adults not even out of their teens are usually used to getting their way right away, so it goes both ways.

I know married couples who have lived in Japan. Others who have lived in China. I don't know why you'd want to join the peace corp but I'm pretty sure they don't discriminate against the hitched.

Yes, but while I want to live in japan my partner is a 6 foot 1 man who knows nothing of japanese culture.

It's great if both people want to go but I'm not haulting his career so that I can drag him to a place he doesn't want to go.

marriage isn't the be-all end-all. you dont have to be married to be in a loving, commited relationship. my mum and her b/f have been together for 15 years and have been much more successful than her marriage to my father. are you sure you want to settle down at such a young age?

lol, I sure as heck hope you're wrong.

But I get what you're saying. I do. That's why I didn't marry at 20. But I don't believe there's necessarily a certain way you should or shouldn't do things. Just different choices with different consequences - some good and some bad.

lol, I sure as heck hope you're wrong.

But I get what you're saying. I do. That's why I didn't marry at 20. But I don't believe there's necessarily a certain way you should or shouldn't do things. Just different choices with different consequences - some good and some bad.

It just bothers me that the OP set some arbitrary age for himself.

He doesn't even have a girlfriend yet has decided to marry young. Makes me think he is marrying for the wrong reasons.

My parents were married young (23) and I think that I want to do the same. I don't see myself alone for very long and preferably I would like to be married before 20. I know that I should wait for whoever is "right" for me, and I will but it seems weird that I want to get married young.

Usually I hear that the guy is typically less pushy for commitment, but I seem to be the opposite. What do you guys think, and how do you feel about marriage and age?

I think that is nice that you want to marry young. But still be choosey - don't just settle for the sake of getting married.

Archived