Looking for sympathy.

acfan

Hi, I am overwhelmed today. I have a lot going on and am filled with anxiety. I have a class that I am way behind on and am in fear of failing. I have an annual board meeting with my homeowners association tomorrow, which I am a board member, and it could be rough. I work nights and have not been resting and am afraid to take sick time because of my bosses. I have talked to a couple of people today and they were not sympathectic. So, could I get some sympathy, even if you don't mean it. LOL.

I get overwhelmed by the sheer long term void of isolated introspection that has been my life for over the 20 years. The only thing keeping me alive is my daughter and my anger at what I perceive as a horribly arbitrary process of selection as to who actually has a life rich with friends and activities of a social nature. Up until maybe the last 10 years of my long term social isolation,I harbored a notion that it was 'just a phase' that would pass and I could share dark tales of my 'grim past' with the friends I had eventually accumulated.Here I am 47 and effectively friendless and for so long now that it has reached wretched self fulfilling stage where the only thing keeping me alive is a flicker of rage at 'not going out like that'-(lonely, scared and bitter).A firmly clung to, need to believe, that this anonymous,friendless ,farce of an existence has to regain some sort of ...integrity of purpose?..before I 'bite the big one'.

Wow. That does sound overwhelming! Take just 5 minutes to recenter yourself. Take a deep breath. Sometimes, when I feel overwhelmed, it helps me to "compartmentalize" everything. To just deal with what's in front of me and try to not think of everything else. Also, it helps me to remember that what I am in and what I am experiencing at the moment is not permanent, and I can get away in an hour or tomorrow or next week. I hope this helps.

Archived