Survey: how long before you said 'I love you'?

How long into the relationship was it when either you or your partner said 'I love you' for the first time?

Just wondering what everyone else's experiences have been. Please post and say how many weeks/months/years. Thanks guys!

Well the person which is now my ex was someone i fell in love with many years before we actually "went out", 4years going on 5 to be exact. i told her i loved her the first day we started "going out", but she had to beat it out of me couse even though i knew i did love her and i still do, i was afraid to open my heart, but when i did, it was the greatest feeling ever... though inevitably im now heartbroken after a 2month 14day relationship. but thats a whole-nother story

A lot of it depends on age and maturity level. (err, I haven't exactly matured with age..) When I was a teenager, I would feel it and say it within weeks. Now that I'm older, I may feel it within weeks, but I wait. There is no hard and fast rule.

And by the way, when you hear I love you 20 times a week and you are expected to respond, it dies quickly. In my most intense relationship ever...it lasted only a year or so...but we said the words to each other may twice or three times, but it really meant something each time. And saying I love you does not mean you or your partner has to respond with "I love you, too."

Same goes for the words "I'm sorry." When it's said only when it really needs to be said, and important, when it is not expected, it can move mountains and heal relationships.

RandyB

Every relationship is different.

With my boyfriend, we were dating approximately 1 month when I told him that I love him. However, he didn't say I love you to me until we had been dating 3 months.

Basically, the only advice I can give you, is don't say it unless you really mean it. Love is a very powerful word.

It took me and my boyfriend about two weeks before we said it, sounds lame I know, but we knew each other before that. I fell in love with him in about the first 30 seconds of meeting him-again sounds lame, but it's the only time that it's happened in my life! The first time we said it might have been soon, but it happened when we stared deep into each others eyes and realised that we were going to be together for a very long time...