tired of being Jacob Black

zzprometheuszz

Two girls who do not know each other but both read the twilight saga (I read all of them too) called me a Jacob Black. If you read the series, you know what I am talking about.

if you haven't read the series, I am the guy friend who is always there when his female friend needs him. That's just my nature, I like helping people. That probably also explains why I am 26 and never been in a relationship with a girl before. But I am never the kind of guy that girls thought of as boyfriend material. I am always the guy who got hurt at the end. I am tired of it. I am tired of getting hurt.

any other guy who felt the same way? you are always the one who's there for her but she choose someone else over you??

PS: thank for taking time out of your day to read my thread, at this point I would like to take a rain check on advise on how to get women, thank.

and I guess I could add I'm the chick who is always there for others, who always kind of gets left behind once I'm not needed anymore.

This is me too.

So see there are girls in the same position.

I wouldn't say that looks have a whole lot to do with attraction, well not when it comes down to it anyway. I constantly have conversations with girls about guys who when you look at them realistically are average looking, but because of their personality they seem so much sexier.

And to me, a guy who looks after people is super sexy. An ex of mine is really caring. He's always the one to be around if people need help, he'll take responsibility for things that need to be done, he's really good with kids, good with making sure people are included. We're in the same karate club, and every winter we go to a winter training camp. We all do the dishes, cook dinner, and do all the chores around the place. He'd always be one of the last ones in the kitchen helping out. The man just looks sexy washing dishes. What can I say?

Maybe it's because that is also the way I show people my love. In kindness and caring. Maybe it's just that you need to find a girl who is that same way as you.

Hi zzprometheuszz......

Go Team Jacob!!

[Down with the Cullens?

ok...now I've got that out of my system?

You really DO just need to get out there,and find the right girl..one who will value you for being a great guy!? Sometimes it just takes the right girl to come along...my bf had never had a girl see him as anything but "a friend"[it was one of the first conversations we had,actually...and I made him read the Twilight books,and even he agreed he had been stuck as the Jacob character?!!]

I found him funny,smart..an ideal *friend*....and in the process of trying to fix him up with a date,I discovered he was too perfect to give away!![so,don't think girls who see you as *just* a friend can't change in the way they see you? ]

Cheers xxx

I personally wouldn't really care about the opinions of women making twilight references to me, lol.

If you want to avoid being constantly thought of as just a friend, then when you're first interacting with a new girl you have to make sure you are flirting or doing something more than just coming accross as a shoulder she can cry on or a pillar (with zero emphasis on your own sexuality in this entire process).

If you want to avoid being constantly thought of as just a friend, then when you're first interacting with a new girl you have to make sure you are flirting or doing something more than just coming accross as a shoulder she can cry on or a pillar (with zero emphasis on your own sexuality in this entire process).

This is exactly what I was going to write

Some guys think the best way to get to know a girl is to become best friends with her, then become the guy she suddenly realises she's loved all along.

Unfortunately, life is nothing like Hollywood, and if you friendzone yourself straight away, intentionally or not, you'll almost never then get out of that box.

Flirt, tease, try and act like you're interested in her a woman, not as a friend. Okay, not all women are going to be attracted to you even then, but don't stack the deck against yourself by trying to be friends with them. Get to know them when you're dating

I'm Team Edward, sorry, lol.

Like the others said, you have to be proactive and signal your interest in a girl. sounds like there is nothing 'wrong' with you, persay. just that you need to get out there and be confident in yourself and what you have to offer as a man.

Archived