No matter how far you go...

I'm in friggin Africa right now, and last night I had to just go to sleep to stop thinking about her. Mainly because of how much we talked about this particular trip (it's business) that took a year to finally happen, things she told me she'd do to help remind me of her.

I've decided I probably need to read this forum a little more than the getting back together one...I think everyone should start here actually, instead of assuming you'll get back together. She never answered the email I sent a couple of weeks ago, basically telling her how I still felt and leaving the door open for a little while, granted I told her in the email that she didn't have to. Still thought maybe she'd at least acknowledge my existence, but since a small post breakup chat, I've heard nothing from her. I've been out on a date, and talking to people since, and I still can't imagine myself without her.

Hopefully when I actually start getting to work here it'll stop again. After this there is the potential that I fly to the Mediterranean and work on a couple of cruise ships before I go home to the states...I really try hard to be mad at her for abandoning me like this, and to think about all the times she'd basically shun me when I went to her house so she wouldn't have to drive...

It stinks to finally realize that this is probably for the best...because sooner or later I have to go through all the trouble of finding someone else, and re-building the amount of time it takes between two people to have something more than a simple infatuation. Hopefully the next person I find will return the amount of effort I put in equally, and not just use me as an emotional crutch to get through hard times.

It took me six months to tell her I loved her, and throughout the two weeks she was planning on dumping me she continued to say it back. The whole reason it took me six months was that I actually mean it when I say it...it's not just a nicety. I don't think I want to be with someone who only says it back so she doesn't leave me hanging.

Its a common mistake many people make , being completely desperatly in love with a girl who doesn't give a thing about you. The girl just thinks, hey here's a fool who will do all sorts of chores for me while the guy thinks he'll love in return. =BEEP= , no no, that's not how it works. A woman doesn't want a desperate guy that leans against her like a little boy asking for his mommy. A woman wants to lean against a man instead. Someone she can rely on. Second, a guy needs to have a life of his own, showing that he can live without her. A woman basically wants a guy with a future. This is vital for the next generation of kids.

Lessons for you.

Never go into a relationship expecting things to work out just because it concerns 'your case' reality is that you are not special nor is she. All this fantasy non-sense is just blindness caused by love.

Have a life of your own, because the reality of life is that a woman can pack her bags and leave any day, then what? Your on your own again.

Last but not least , don't hold it against yourself that this has happened, you can't know things like this in advance unless you informed yourself, which you should have done by now by reading this.

Yeah well, this wasn't quite like that. There was a time when I truly believe she meant it, and I was by no means desperate.

As far as having a future, that is definitely not the issue...I'm not a social butterfly, I'll give you that one, but I own my home, and have had a job for the past year and a half that allows me to travel the world when I choose...most of the people I know my age are still in college.

Archived