CLOSE CALL? Ugh far out! Hating men atm..

ay0_x

Background:

Let's call this guy Shady, hey. Because that's very indicative of who he is...

Shady and I started talking extensively. He also let me know that we were exclusive even though we weren't official yet. I only have time for one guy at the moment, so no protests.

A phone conversation about standards and goals and it was very obvoius that Shady and I weren't suitable (to me, at least). His standards, his uptight nature... a major no-go for me. I told him that; he retaliated that I wasn't even giving him a chance, and that he thought we suited perfectly, and we had so much in common and that on the 2nd date he'd see that blabla.

I said okay. In my really naive mind, it sounded like this guy was actually into me. I was wrooong.

We met for the second time.. a cafe + a walk. I'd just finished work, and intuition told me he really didn't have any money on him (he only ordered himself a drink despite telling me he was really hungry), so I wasn't going to be demanding of a proper date. Just wanted to see him.

It went well. a large chunk of it was spent cuddling. He asked me to kiss him.. I said I refused to kiss him without being official (that's my style, and besides, after he'd tried to kiss me on the first date he told me he'd been testing me, so it was a HELL NO). Regardless, it went well and he left smiling.

A day later and he's on MSN telling me how we're too different and I'm too laid back and he doesn't think he's ready for a relationship and he wants to work out his life etc. etc. He says I'm too laid back because I'm not demanding he take me places (sorry, next time I'll be bossy. That better for you?), and that my standards and his don't match, and that he doesn't know what he wants in life, and that there's no point living if he doesn't have a job, a girl or money.

I tell him he could have atleast had one of the 3, and I tell him he doesn't need to explain himself because really, I'm fine. He insists on explaining himself. I just wanted him to shut up, to be honest. He just kept saying how much he liked me and how beautiful I was and I just said, don't feed me bullcrap and tell me it's cotton candy.

Then he starts telling me that he has an obsession with death and killing... WHAT? Yeah, seriously. That he draws dead people and hangs them on his walls. That he's broken people's bones. That he wants a certain gun used by the FBI that basically smashes your skull into smithereens. And shows me his fire arms license.

NO 19 YEAR OLD IN AUSTRALIA OWNS A FIREARM LICENSE. EVEN MY FRIENDS WHO ARE IN GANGS.. DO NOT OWN A BLOODY FIREARM LICENSE!

Shows me scars from knives all over his body.

So at this point I stop being sad and start being angry, numb, and scared, and leave. Because it becomes apparent to me that hwen he talks about how much he hates cats and dogs and wishes he could kill them all, he's not joking..

Just thought I'd share that crazy experience.

Why do I always attract nuts?

Wow! What a total creep! Thank god it never got any further than that. I couldn't imagine dating a guy full time who acted like that. Reminds me of this one guy I dated online. I freaked out when he told me one time he takes a knife to work because the people there piss him off so much etc, that he feels like cutting them at times. Totally screamed red flag! I bailed immediately. Good luck with finding a guy who isn't a creep or a sociopath =].

I know it's tough, but you need to realise that you both just wanted very different things, and are in very different places at the moment.

Like, you wanted to get to know someone, have some fun together, explore if there was a special connection between the two of you, and see where that took you. He wanted to smash people's skulls with a gun and draw dead people and kill cats.

Hun, it just wasn't meant to be *sighs*

Ps.- Seriously now, is it just me or have you guys noticed that the world's getting weirder?

I know it's tough, but you need to realise that you both just wanted very different things, and are in very different places at the moment.

Like, you wanted to get to know someone, have some fun together, explore if there was a special connection between the two of you, and see where that took you. He wanted to smash people's skulls with a gun and draw dead people and kill cats.

Hun, it just wasn't meant to be *sighs*

Ps.- Seriously now, is it just me or have you guys noticed that the world's getting weirder?

I know, one day, I may find someone who doesn't harbour homicidal tendencies, and maybe even wants a connection with another human being... Soulmate, where art thou?

And yes. The world's getting weirder. I blame Dexter.

I hope some of you guys got a laugh out of that story because that's probably the only thing this guy has to offer the world haha.

Bob Barker does not approve of the last part. Nor do I. If anything you should be thankful you got away from him sooner. This guy was right when he said he wasn't ready for a relationship. He needs counseling before he seek out any kind of romantic relationship. And just the fact that he has a firearms license doesn't mean hes crazy. Having a licensed weapon is the first step to confiscation. Fortunately this man seems like a coward and is all talk. Because if he wanted to kill all the dogs and cats he would. I think he might be pitying you to come on more dates with him and want to be there for him. Weird situation.

Let me guess - "plenty of fish" date?

Close. another website.

ohemgee- I know that owning a firearms license isn't grounds to call someone crazy. However, he's 19, doesn't live anywhere near a farm, and in this suburb, not even the 19 year olds boys in gangs own guns/licenses.

I am glad I got away from him. It's pitiful, really. Whether what he said was a means of getting attention or not.. it screams Tool to me.

I've realised I'm very frustrated by guys who insist on explaining themselves in such a situation. Really, I'd rather not know. Why do they insist? Shouldn't you be lucky I'm not hounding you with questions of WHYYYY? Or does it give them a power trip or something?

Archived