with new girl / want to be friends with ex

my ex broke up with me about 6 months ago and i have had no contact with her. i then found a new girl who i am currently with and love. i was talking to mt ex girlfriends mam and told her about my new girlfriend. when my ex was out round town she was talking to a few of my friends and said she couldnt believe that i was with some one already. i see her mam a week later and tell her the news that my current girlfriend is pregnant. again my ex finds out, and this time out round town she tries to get into one of my friends who she always insisted "was not her type".

i am just wondering if she was doing this to try to get to me because i am happy with a new girl. my ex broke up with me and give me no reason at all. she never explained her self to me and didnt try to contact me. she made it clear that she didnt want to speak to me again. i still love her in away but DO NOT want her back.

is there any advice any one can offer me to get her to start talking to me again as friends

In the simplest of terms: DON'T! What kind of friendship do you want from her. What could she give you as a friend. As far as I see it she has got nothing you need. Sorry if I sound harsh now, but I would not try to be friends with her. If she wants to be, it is her to come. Not you after being dumped...