He keeps my number...why?

Singler

Maybe so that if you contact him, he knows who it is, and so he can make the decision to reciprocate the contact or not.

exactly!!!!

also, some people are lazy and don't clean stuff out. or he is keeping your number 'just in case' he might need it someday. for example, he wants to know the name of that really cool hotel you stayed at in miami because he's going there.

No offense, but this is petty. If he decides to keep your number, it's really none of your concern. It's his life, you have yours. Focus on you.

I wouldnt say petty just none of your concern sounds right, and who cares? I have no idea if my ex has my number or not, oh well...still doesnt change anything.

he called my cell this morning, it just bothers me a tad. I was just wondering its not like I am going to tell him to delete it, i did delete his for the sake of myself. I am not thinking into it. It's over I accept that, He still has my sisters number, so its nothing.

OMG, I made a big mistake. After getting a call from my sister telling me our dad is dying, I pulled over to the side of the road, I had to calm down. I did, drove to work and called him. He did not answer sent me a text saying he was in the detists office and he would call in a bit.

He did, I told him what is happening to my father,etc. I then made another mistake and asked if we could go for drinks, he said he hasn't been going out lately but saturday seems like an ok night. Why do I keep doing this to myself?

i can understand, you just heard some horrible news and you want someone to cry on. however, i'm not sure how supportive your ex will be in that regard, if he will give you what you need. i don't know him.

how long did you guys date and who broke up with whom?

maybe it would be good to call a female friend to get some moral support.

Firstly, I'm sooo sorry to hear about your father.

Secondly, I kinda wondered why an ex of mine would keep my number, but I guess at the end of the day, he doesn't hate you. I don't know if you guys had a bad break up, but if you didn't, why not keep your number?

Thirdly, I don't know your whole story with your ex, but maybe hanging out with him and feelings things out is a good thing. Just as long as you don't push anything with him.

Well we were together for 10 months, he fell in love fast. I was going through some stress and took it out on him without telling him what exactly I was going through. He broke up with me. I did the calling and begging, I stopped doing that. But I ran to him because he was my support, my sis is having a baby, my other friend has one so it is hard to see them.

I am not going to lie, I want him back. But I know he is only seeing me because I need him, I will not talk about the relationship but feel as if I am bringing "bad" and "sad" to go out instead of a cherry meeting. SO I am only burying myself further...or not?

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Don't feel bad about calling your ex because I know if I was put in your position, my ex would be the first person I would call.

I understand your need for him to be there for you. He was the closest person to you for a long time. However, please don't use this situation as a crutch to keep him in your life. I say go out for drinks like you've already planned, and then call a girlfriend and use her as someone to lean on.

Hopefully he calls later on to check in and see how you are doing. If he doesn't... then I think that's your answer right there.

It's always darkest just before the dawn

When things are extremely bad, it may signal that they are about to get much better

While you may have had a lot of negatives in your life lately hang in there, sometimes it feels like it will never end but trust me it well and things will begin to go so well you'll barely remember this downswing. It is times like this that we find out who we are, and how we overcome them shapes who we will be.

My ex ran out on me in the middle of sex 2 1/2 years ago over some perceived slight and ended the relationship. She had huge emotional/mental issues. In the 2 1/2 years I have received blank emails from her at home and at work. An oooops sorry wrong email address email from her. I think the same thing, if you ended it in such a crazy fashion all of those years ago....why are you still hanging on to my email address. I dumped yours immediately after you ran out that door in that fashion. Some things are better left not thought about!

Archived