I just dont know what to do anymore....

georgia_alaska

Me and my gf of 2.5 yrs have been broke up for almost a month now. At first I couldn't keep no contact, but now I'm able to keep the no contact and if we do talk (which we do at times) I can suppress my feelings. The problem is today we were in class and after class we talked. It first started off by her taping my butt with a ruler and then we had our talk about us. She says she misses me and misses the intimacy we had and she thinks about me everyday and sometimes when she sees me she wants to have some intimate moments. The big problem if youve seen my other threads she is in another relationship. I told her she was confusing me and this had to stop because I'm not waiting on somenthing to go bad with them and then be there for her. She agrees, but then she seems flirty and interested in me... I guess she knows she can't have me and wants me even more! But then she tells me she is afraid to break up with him... I still wanna be there for her and care about her, but the love is starting to fade! One thing I have started doing since the breakup is living for myself and making myself happy!

Insight, comments, opinions, questions!

And thanks in advance!

Uofagirl makes an excellent point - once you let go and start living, the tables do turn.

I know you really want this girl but if she's with someone else, wouldn't it be better for your psyche to let go? I had to do this and it sucks but hanging on and taking crumbs is not enough (this is what people told me on this board and they were oh so RIGHT). There has got to be some other girl around school who you think is kinda cute or who seems interesting. Why not seek greener pastures? If I were still in school, that's what I'd do....

I suspect two things are happening: in the first place she likes the ego trip of knowing you are still in love with her and secondly that she wants you in the wings in case her current boyfriend dumps her.

DN, I'm with you there I do believe she likes if not loves the ego trip. But I've told her my love for her is fading and I AM starting to move on with my life! And I also believes she does want me around because "she has only heard bad things about him" her quote. And this guy has already been seen with another girl, but being with her at the same time.

It sounds like your mindset it pointed in the right direction! That's good. Keep it up!

The tables always turn when you start living a good life for YOURSELF. You are seeing that now. Don't let her intimidate you. Just keep on keepin on!

Don't be her fall back guy.

uofagirl, Thanks I do believe I am starting to get in the right mindset! And I agree the tables do seem to start turning, especially now that she knows I am moving on! On the intimidation, I do feel a bit intimidated because although I am moving on I still feel there may be that small chance. I gotta through that out of my mind!

Uofagirl makes an excellent point - once you let go and start living, the tables do turn.

I know you really want this girl but if she's with someone else, wouldn't it be better for your psyche to let go? I had to do this and it sucks but hanging on and taking crumbs is not enough (this is what people told me on this board and they were oh so RIGHT). There has got to be some other girl around school who you think is kinda cute or who seems interesting. Why not seek greener pastures? If I were still in school, that's what I'd do....

LillyLooWho, Your right deep down I really do want this girl. And I am trying to let it go, it would be so much better!! I am tired of taking the crumbs for sure. Actually there is another girl that I am talking to and this girl is very interested in me... VERY. But I'm not ready to commit, as she is, because I just can't right now completely let my ex go!

Thank you all for the advice, feel free to keep it coming!

Archived