I'm ready to flip out on my friend's gf!!

maverick554

So today I came to the realization that I absolutely hate my friend's gf! I've never particularly liked her all that much, but now there is no doubt in my mind that I absolutely despise her. My friend, we'll call him Steve, has been seeing this girl for about 6 months, and I have hung out with them a few times and have always found her to be kind of annoying but still tolerable. But today while I was at work I ran into them and Steve said "I haven't seen you in a while" (with our schedules and everything going on we just don't hang out very often anymore) and his gf chimes in and says "he's always with that girl who looks like she's 40," referring to my gf. If I hadn't been at work at the time I would have cursed her out right then and there. This girl has never even met my gf, only seen a picture of her once, and my gf certainly does not look like she's 40! (she's in her mid 20's). His gf clearly has absolutely no etiquette or consideration for anybody else. My friend Steve has asked me several times if me and my gf want to go out with them, even brought up how we should all go on vaction together next year, obviously none of that is going to happen! Right now I don't know what I should do, I'm kind of tempted to curse this girl out, and tell Steve exactly what I think of her. But I have been friends with Steve since middle school, and I don't want to lose him as a friend over this. And I also do not want to ruin his relationship with this girl, I know its not my place to do that reguardless of what I think of her. But this just really pissed me off! Any thoughts or ideas of what to do would be appreciated. Thank you for listening to me rant, I know this is kind of long.

WHOA nelly! I'll tell you why he is not seeing you because she is a petty jealous little control freak. You going off on her will only devided the two of you. Your GF should have NEVER came up. That was a low blow andyou were not even armed. She is striking out because she feels threatened. Too bad you didn't say "who you?" when she said the girl who looks forty. That would have shut her up..but would have started a sure fire fight with you and him.

WHOA nelly! I'll tell you why he is not seeing you because she is a petty jealous little control freak. You going off on her will only devided the two of you. Your GF should have NEVER came up. That was a low blow andyou were not even armed. She is striking out because she feels threatened. Too bad you didn't say "who you?" when she said the girl who looks forty. That would have shut her up..but would have started a sure fire fight with you and him.

Thats a very good point! I never considered that she might be trying to get me pissed off at Steve so I don't hang out with him. And your right she is a control freak, she gets mad at him for every little thing, and if she texts him and he doesn't text her back within 30 seconds, she sends him like 3 more messages yelling at him that he hasn't gotten back to her yet.

I wouldn't bother telling her off. She obviously is lacking in social skills and you telling her off isn't going to change that. I'd just let her slide into the background and ignore her. If it causes a rift between you and your friend, then you will probably have to explain to him what's going on.

Don't take the bait. She rang your chimes, and if you let her get the best of you, you'll only kill your friendship--which is probably what she's shooting for.

Most people go through a stupid-stage where they'd pick the one giving them great sex over the one to whom they've been loyal for years--so don't go there. He'll wise up at some point.

Meanwhile, ignore her if you see them in public, and to see more of him, phone and invite him out solo--just the guys. And do NOT speak badly of her, or you'll provoke him to defend her whether he speaks the defense or not. That will only deepen his attachment to her. Think about it--once a person invents a defense, they tend to believe it. Let her hang herself without your help. With that mouth, she surely will.

In your corner.

If Steve suggests a hang-out session/vacation (*shudder!*), politely let him know that you would love to spend time with him, but you don't think that you and his GF click. If he inquires as to why, just be up front about it, but respectful and polite and - if you need to - dumb it down a little: she's a little bit rude to you. She's a little bit inconsiderate of your feelings.

After enough times of turning him down, maybe he'll get the picture?

Archived