I Was Told That If Your are Promiscuous This Could Lead to Infertility Later

Ivory_Tower

When I was a teenager my parents told me that if I slept around that could possibly lead to my inability to have children later. Later, I did some research and read that certain STD's can do that (not necessary the amount of partners)---IF you contract them. So, my question is, is that really a true statement? I've been with two people and I've been tested for all std's and I am in perfect health.

don't worry, i'm sure you're fine.

look, if you have sex with 100 strangers, and they are all STD free, then you'll be ok. if you have sex with your boyfriend who is lying about cheating and he has chlamydia, then you can wind up infertile if you don't treat it in time. it's kind of all a crap shoot. of course, being promiscious increases the chances of getting an STD.

don't worry, i'm sure you're fine.

look, if you have sex with 100 strangers, and they are all STD free, then you'll be ok. if you have sex with your boyfriend who is lying about cheating and he has chlamydia, then you can wind up infertile if you don't treat it in time. it's kind of all a crap shoot. of course, being promiscious increases the chances of getting an STD.

I've been broken up with my ex for three and a half months now. I got tested after we'd been broken up for a month. I don't believe he cheated on me. They said everything was just fine.

Do I need to be checked again?

well untreated stds... of course it can lead to problems, but you can sleep with 1 person and get an STD if you aren't careful .......and you could s leep with 100 people and be carefuland be disease free!

The reality is that you can catch an STD even if you are careful. The two most widespread STDs are not preventable with condom use and both are can be transmitted in either direction via oral sex (and who uses latex for that?).

I've been broken up with my ex for three and a half months now. I got tested after we'd been broken up for a month. I don't believe he cheated on me. They said everything was just fine.

Do I need to be checked again?

One month is too soon for a reliable herpes test. Any doctor with who orders HSV tests should know that, so for him/her to say 'everything was just fine', they either didn't order a herpes test (likely) or they are incompetent.

The reality is that you can catch an STD even if you are careful. The two most widespread STDs are not preventable with condom use and both are can be transmitted in either direction via oral sex (and who uses latex for that?).

One month is too soon for a reliable herpes test. Any doctor with who orders HSV tests should know that, so for him/her to say 'everything was just fine', they either didn't order a herpes test (likely) or they are incompetent.

My doctor told me that had I been infected with herpes it would have shown up by then. I had been sleeping with my ex who was a virgin when he met me for about six months. Unless he cheated, I'm sure I'm clean.

My other ex slept around, but I got tested on the three month mark and the sixth month mark again for HIV, Herpes, and everything else. I was clean.

My doctor told me that had I been infected with herpes it would have shown up by then. I had been sleeping with my ex who was a virgin when he met me for about six months. Unless he cheated, I'm sure I'm clean.

My other ex slept around, but I got tested on the three month mark and the sixth month mark again for HIV, Herpes, and everything else. I was clean.

I'm not trying to assess your herpes risk, I'm just telling you the facts - the protocol for the herpes type specific IgG test is to wait three months. Your doctor is mistaken. If you don't believe me, email the manufacturers of the tests - two of the most popular are HerpeSelect and Captia.

I'm not trying to assess your herpes risk, I'm just telling you the facts - the protocol for the herpes type specific IgG test is to wait three months. Your doctor is mistaken. If you don't believe me, email the manufacturers of the tests - two of the most popular are HerpeSelect and Captia.

Would you suggest I go in again? He was a virgin. I was tested over a year ago TWICE when things with the other guy ended (3 months, neg, 6 months, neg).

I'm scared now.

Would you suggest I go in again? He was a virgin. I was tested over a year ago TWICE when things with the other guy ended (3 months, neg, 6 months, neg).

I'm scared now.

If he has never had intercourse or received oral sex, then he won't have genital herpes. He may still have oral herpes; a majority of the population does. But odds are good that if he gave you oral and infected you genitally that you would know about it b/c genital HSV-1 outbreaks are considerably more severe than HSV-2 outbreaks. So if I were you, I wouldn't bother testing again.

If he has never had intercourse or received oral sex, then he won't have genital herpes. He may still have oral herpes; a majority of the population does. But odds are good that if he gave you oral and infected you genitally that you would know about it b/c genital HSV-1 outbreaks are considerably more severe than HSV-2 outbreaks.

Makes sense. I think that many people think they are fine, but don't have the knowledge that their partner cheated. They just go on assuming they are clean.

Thats why I get tested no matter what.

Archived