I'm just curious

Perfect Dark

As to why people seem to rush with relationships like there is no tomorrow...

I am not judging anyone so please don't flame.

By rushing I mean moving in together within six months of being together and saying I love you. I have been guilty of rushing in relationships but never to that extent.

Why the rush? I don't think rushed relationships last because of that; from observation they fizzle out and then break up; especially after moving in together after such a small amount of time. I think it's infatuation and not actually love.

Personally, now I would like to take it slow and get to know that special person and date, no moving in after 2 months. I like my independence. Saying I love you after a few weeks screams needy IMO.

Like I said before I'm not judging anyone and what people do doesn't affect me, I'm just curious.

some people do this wila to overcome a previous relationship. i was with my ex for over a year moved in and after a 16 months it died i moved out, she tried to hang on, i couldnt do it. anyhow was talking to her son and he told me she had hand picked a guy from her home town (on facebook) and had moved him in after a month. oh dear!

its a kind of carry on from a previous and then a moulding of the previous love comes in. that is a recipe for a serious disaster.

it all seems so false when this happens, its like they canno bear to be on their own to cope with a loss. sad really but thats about the bottom line imho

hope this helps x

maybe they feel that time is running out for them to be in a meaningful relationship.

I can understand that if they're in their 40's, but it seems most of these people are barely 20.

OP: I never quite understood why people seem to rush these things either, so I don't have any answers for you.

I know somebody that moved in with her boyfriend very soon, and what you would call "rushed". They now have 2 children together, are married, and are pretty much that near perfect couple. They're just... right for eachother, you know? I believe it can work out if you're both on the same page. I don't believe it's always out of desperation, getting over a previous relationship or what have you either. Sometimes it's just the way it pan out because you're both crazy about eachother. Of course, it may not end up being "real love" but it sure can do.

Though we didn't moved in together, still I think I've rushd things... It's just that I gave all the best I can but she didn't that's why it didn't work... One of the poster is right, it will work if both are on the same page no matter if they've moved in together or not but if the other one is just one page behind, that will lead to disaster...

I know somebody that moved in with her boyfriend very soon, and what you would call "rushed". They now have 2 children together, are married, and are pretty much that near perfect couple. They're just... right for eachother, you know? I believe it can work out if you're both on the same page. I don't believe it's always out of desperation, getting over a previous relationship or what have you either. Sometimes it's just the way it pan out because you're both crazy about eachother. Of course, it may not end up being "real love" but it sure can do.

That shows it can work but it's very rare.

Archived