I am SO sick of PMS... anyone take Vitex?

I have major irregular periods, and suffer from PMS : irritability, anxiety, brain fog, fatigue, food cravings, starting shortly after the ovulation time of the cycle and getting worse and worse up to menstruation. I am on day 36 or 37 of my cycle and nothing, no period. I feel so tense. I get depressed and lack motivation as well. I cannot concentrate, I'm just a mess. I also feel drowsy a lot. I read that ironically, anxiety / irritability and drowsiness often go hand in hand in PMS and that this is caused by low progesterone. another thing I noticed is that even though I rested a lot, my tendonitis has been hurting a LOT in the last few days and that low progesterone can aggravate inflammation.

I went to the health store and got some organic Vitex extract and started it 2days ago. I am following an intensive treatement for two weeks and then will go on a maintanance dose as directed.

anyone ever used Vitex and found that it help? How many cycles did it take to notice a difference? please share, I am feeling really discouraged. I even have suicidal thoughts.

so what? Just use birth control pills, they almost completely nuke your cycle and reduce blood loss, everything goes a lot happier when you use birth control pills. Although there is a bit more risk for trombose, mom has been using it for years and is still alive.

you know as much trouble as they are causing you i'd strongly suggest getting a doctors opinion, it may be something much more serious than PMS (and it sounds like it is more serious imo)

there are a number of bad things that could be causing this. how long have you been menstrating? has it gotten worse over the years or same?

does your family have a history of cancer? could it be pcos?

link removed

you know as much trouble as they are causing you i'd strongly suggest getting a doctors opinion, it may be something much more serious than PMS (and it sounds like it is more serious imo)

there are a number of bad things that could be causing this. how long have you been menstrating? has it gotten worse over the years or same?

does your family have a history of cancer? could it be pcos?

link removed

thanks EQD.

I was tested about 7 years ago and I had high testosterone but the endocrinologist said he was not concerned about PCOS.

i would get a second opinion definitely

its not unheard of for mistakes to happen, from what you describe it doesnt sound like this is normal.

i would go to a different doctor if possible and be re-evaluated.

Catfeeder

the pill is outof the question for me.

EQD

I have none of the signs of PCOS such as diabetes, excess hair, baldeness, obesity or deepening of voice. Also my period is irregular (my cycle is usually between 30 and 38 days, but sometimes even more extreme), not light or absent. Who knows?

the site i was reading off listed irregular periods, depression, and of course the hair growth.. you DID say that there was no extra hair growth, but you did also say that your testosterone levels were a bit high.. increased testosterone is most often caused by PCOS. it could also be a sign of ovarian cancer.

so thats why i suggested to get retested.

what i can say is that your reaction to your period isnt what most women are going through right now with theirs. that abnormality alone should tell you something.

i was just responding to your thread.

the site i was reading off listed irregular periods, depression, and of course the hair growth.. you DID say that there was no extra hair growth, but you did also say that your testosterone levels were a bit high.. increased testosterone is most often caused by PCOS. it could also be a sign of ovarian cancer.

so thats why i suggested to get retested.

what i can say is that your reaction to your period isnt what most women are going through right now with theirs. that abnormality alone should tell you something.

i was just responding to your thread.

Thank you.

Archived