Why my mum doesnt understand me, and hit me?

I'm 14 yrs old, i think a have a really big problem with my mum, i'm asian so it's easier for u to understand why mum hit me. But we live in australia, big city, not like in a small town. She loves money, she always thinks about money. She says i was born because she needs some1 to help her to the chores and give her money when shes old and shes not a my servant. I know im a lazy girl, and i also dont care what people think of me but i do eat a lot very clumsy and terible memory, that's why she hates me. I always lose something, glasses, keys, even any little things. She counts, she always says, those things are money, not like rubbish, and she says i WANT to lose things to make her mad. I was like, is she crazy, whats her problem? who would want to lose stuff like that? she never buy me things, she always complain, everytime she starts talking, she couldnt stop, she swear at me, offended me, when i was small, i dont know what she says much, but as i grow up a little, i know, she calls me dog, cow, lazy b....ect...she has no respect to me, she hits me whenever she feels angry at work or when i make a small mistake. ur probably thinking why i didnt tell any1 about this. well, that is the question i want to answer, maybe at least shes my mum so yeah. i have to live like this till im old enough

Isn't there a counselor at school or an adult you can talk to about your mom's abusive behavior? It is not right for a parent to unleash their anger on their children.

By the by, you should really try to be less careless with your things. Things cost money and probably your parents aren't earning enough to live comfortably, maybe that's what caused this whole pow-wow. What about your dad? How does he react to how your mom treats you?

All teens and their parents go through hard times, but that is never an excuse for a parent to hit their child. I am so so sorry that you have to go through this. My mom idd not hit me growing up, but my father did. He was a big guy at 6'4 and he sent me to school a couple of times with a blackend eye.

I dont know the reason parents hit their kids, but I do know, you will come out of this stronger than you can imagine right now.

All the best,

owb

I'd send you a PM, but you need 5 posts first I think...

I get what you mean about it being easier to realise why it happens because of your background, but that doesn't make it right.

That said, telling you it's not right hardly helps you.

Your Mum's living with an ideal that is frankly completely outdated - you do not deserve to be treated that way, and you're doing nothing wrong. I doubt you are nearly as lazy as you think.

Do you have any family or extended family around? People who aren't as "traditional"?

Lilbear: I didnt see my dad for 3 years, he doesnt live in australia so of course he doesn't know. I don't want to tell any1 (except my friends) because shes my mum, it's not right to tell bad stuff about your mum

onewithbooks : wow, thats even worse than me i guess, but dont worry, i think im going to be fine when i grow up

Dragunov-21: i live in australia with my mum, my dad is in vietnam, and my mum's side even wants her to hit me more, i hate them so much.

ginger : she doesnt understand me somtimes i want to kill her O_O

PS: thanks you all anyways

I'd think very carefully before running away - make sure you have somewhere to run TO.

I'm not sure what options there are where you are (I'm gonna take an educated guess and say sydney), but here in Tassie there's a place called Colony 47 that's... kinda like a drop-in centre I guess.

On the streets is no place for a 14yo girl, so don't just wing it.

On the streets is no place for a 14yo girl, so don't just wing it.

I totally agree!

Do you have older sibblings? What about your dad? Other members of the family like grand-parents, ants, uncles? If you feel like running away, go spend a few hours perhaps with another member of the family if it gets too much and you don't want to be hit.

There must be help available in Australia for youngsters in need. Check it out.

It was really bad when I was young and living at home. I used to push my bed against my bedroom door so my mother wouldn't be able to get in at night. She threatened to kill me in my sleep so many times! If I could go back I would talk about the problem with someone, an adult. No way at 14 you have the 'tools' to deal with this. Maybe your mom needs help too.

Take good care.

Archived