Help, Ex's Friend contacted me!

My boyfriend broke up with me last week and I have not contacted him at all and neither has he. His best friend's girlfriend called me and wanted to hang out. When she talked to me I acted as if I was completely happy and just keeping busy. She asked about the break up which I told her briefly what happened. She wants to hang out with me this weekend and I don't know if this is such a good idea. I really want my boyfriend back, and I don't want to mess it up by being friends with her. I feel like whatever I tell her will get back to him so I want to act as if I have not shed a tear over him. I have put no effort into being friends with her because I don't want him to think I am using her to get to him. (I don't know if that makes sense.) I know if I do hang out with her I must act super happy, and in a great mood. I just don't know if I should. She would be coming out with my friends though.

It's a bit more sensative when you both share mutual friends. I would join your normal group of friends, ...if she happens to be one of them and starts digging or asking questions, politely tell her that you prefer not to talk about it right now, your still assessing the situation.

good luck,

Woobiegirl

I just feel that if I do hang out with her around my friends, which she hasn't met my friends before she will see how happy I am (pretending to be at least) and will hopefully go back and tell him how "great" I am doing. Maybe this is dumb. I don't know. I just feel he would ask her how I was doing. But also, do I want him to know how I am doing. I don't know if its better off kept a mystery. I do like her and she is a lot of fun to be around. I guess I can just tell her to meet me out if she wants to, but not really go with me. I don't know? I just really really really want him back!!! And I know, the no contact rule is the best way to go. Ughhhh!!

Word always has a way of getting back when you have mutal friends, and w/hopefully work as a positive strength on your behalf. If she's a sincere friend, and not taking sides then by all means invite her. You know how info travels through the chain...from her to her boyfriend and from him to your ex. And....you sure want him to hear how FANTASTIC you look!!

Hope you work it out w/your ex and get back together!!!!

Woobiegirl