Went on my first date in 5 years...

You and Me

Well about 6 months ago a 5 year relationship I was in came to an end...and just the other week I met this girl and we hit it off and I told her I would take her to dinner. We met at a bar and we ended up making out the whole night and I even spent the night at her friends place, we didn't sleep together though. But last night I took her to dinner and a movie and I guess things seemed to be going alright.

When I dropped her off at the end of the night she said she had a lot of fun and kissed me on the lips. I said we should do this again and she agreed and said to give her a call. As I was driving home she texted me saying thank you for everything.

Now this might sound like a stupid question, but do you think she is interested in a second date? I have been out of the game for so long and I'm just not super confident about dating at this point. It's also weird that we went from making out and spending the night together to just a casual first date with a small kiss on the lips. I don't know. Do you think she wants to see me again and if so, how long should I wait before calling her and asking her on another date?

I don't think she would have texted you after she had already said goodnight/bye if she wasn't interested

id give it atleast 24 hours before making plans for another date..just be casual about it and ask what shes doing on (insert a day of the week here) and if she was free then ask if she would like to meet up and (insert activity here )

lol

I know it's all hard to tell when you start dating after a long time

Good luck!

Well I waited a day, called and left a message and asked if she wanted to get together this Saturday. A couple hours later I get a text from her saying "I will try to call you tomorrow or Wednesday, I am just not feeling well right now. But I will look into Saturday. See you soon!"

Good sign? Bad sign? Tuesday came and went and she didn't call. Today is Wednesday. If I don't hear from her, should I just assume she isn't interested or should I try calling her again, one last time? If I don't hear from her and I do call again, if I don't hear from her after that, then I will move on.

Well I waited a day, called and left a message and asked if she wanted to get together this Saturday. A couple hours later I get a text from her saying "I will try to call you tomorrow or Wednesday, I am just not feeling well right now. But I will look into Saturday. See you soon!"

Good sign? Bad sign? Tuesday came and went and she didn't call. Today is Wednesday. If I don't hear from her, should I just assume she isn't interested or should I try calling her again, one last time? If I don't hear from her and I do call again, if I don't hear from her after that, then I will move on.

Hey I know this feeling of being in limbo...

Being that you just got of a serious relationship (1+ years) I wouldn't put all your eggs in this basket. This will help quell your concerns about her calling. It sounds like she would be ahead of any others you'd go out with.

Take a look at this article : link removed

I found it pretty helpful in the dating scene.

Archived