A girl flakes on you twice? (supposed to see her tonight)

Tears May Fall

So im supposed to hang out with this girl tonight but ive yet to hear from her all day, and i called her once earlier in the afternoon like 2ish but didnt pick up, left a voicemail (nothing specific about tonight, just general saying hi and when u get this call me back)

So theres a girl Ive been talking to for past couple of weeks, we met while I was on a work assignment on travel (doesnt work with me) and she seemed to express her interest in me and so I asked for her number and we've talking since. Shes been saying shes real shy around me, pays me LOTS of compliments (sometimes tooo much that it seems strange) and talks about how she sooo wants to hang out with me but is nervous.

Two weeks ago we were supposed to hang out, made plans for a friday, she even said she wanted to do something for me and make the plans...didnt call me all day friday when she said shed call me early to tell me the details and then sends me a text in the evening only saying she "jus got home, about to cook real quick" and then i call her around 9-10ish no answer, no call back, just disappears off the face of the earth. I thought the rumors about UFOs maybe came true...

Texts me monday morning saying exactly this - "im soo soo sorry about this weekend but theres something thats been really bugging me on my mind that I had to get off my chest, and I couldnt hang out with you until I told you and that is that im not even 21, im only 20 still, turning 21 later this year and I didnt know how ud feel hanging out with a younger girl and i didnt want to tell u while I was out with you and it was too late at that point but I hope you can forgive me"

Calls me later that night, apologizing, saying how she didnt have the balls to tell me up front, she was a , she shouldnt have done that, etc. I said im not mad that you didnt tell me your age (she only gave me a ballpark age when she asked me to guess and i said i dunno like 21-22ish and she said yeah, somewhere around there) understood why she might have felt nervous and intimidated but rather upset that u left me hanging like that completely flaking on me and then not even having the decency to call for 3 days, felt very disrespected but i forgave her and said ill give her a chance, told her that she owes me and im leaving things upto her at this point in terms of setting up another day.

So we've been talking as normal since, shes been expressing the same high level of interest verbally (not in any sort of desperate or clingy form, just a lot of compliments, desire and that I still make her nervous). Been having good convo, and ive been trying to say things to comfort her nervousness like even though im older it doesnt mean im only looking to hang out in fancy expensive places, we can go do whatever wherever as long as have fun and bug out with one another.

So we setup to hang out tonight (sat), go to the movies maybe and go for drinks afterwards, and the last time she called me was thursday and confirmed to hang out saturday around 9-10ish because we both are busy today afternoon/evening, i was busy all day yesterday so didnt have a minute to call and then now its today, called her earlier in the afternoon but no call back, no text, nothing and its about to 8 oclock.

If she flakes twice, after showing all this so called interest, what the hell can it possibly mean. Not that it would matter because she would be completely cut off. Im just confused as to how to take it (and a little ticked off to add to that). Makes no sense. She doesnt come accross as other girls ive dated who show mixed signals or play hard to get. And if its nervousness or shyness she needs to grow a pair and grow up and get over it.

so she blew you off on a friday and didn't get back to you until monday?

and now she's blowing you off again, on a saturday?

i wouldn't even bother answering her calls anymore.

(and it sounds like she just likes the male attention, but isn't really all that interested - just says the right things to keep you around...trust me, if a girl is interested, she's going to show up for a date).

..i cant believe im getting playing so lovely like this. I am soooooo pissed off right now, and ive dated a lot of girls in my life, and this has never happened, NOTHING even remotely close to this, I shouldve figured that something didnt seem realistic and truthful about the way she would come onto me, like it was TOOO easy, but sometimes u believe people...strange thing is I never pursued her, she pursued me kinda sorta, she showed the interest, but for what then?
...i cant believe im getting playing so lovely like this. I am soooooo pissed off right now, and ive dated a lot of girls in my life, and this has never happened, NOTHING even remotely close to this, I shouldve figured that something didnt seem realistic and truthful about the way she would come onto me, like it was TOOO easy, but sometimes u believe people...strange thing is I never pursued her, she pursued me kinda sorta, she showed the interest, but for what then?

Dude, the same exact thing is happening to me at this very moment. She came on to me and then nothing... Seriously, at first I was thinking it was going perfect, but I guess nothing goes that smoothly. Oh, well. I'll know for the future.

Archived