Ex feels guilty and wants to make amends

I think I will feel guilty if I don't acknowledge it, since we do work together.

But I do know, that sometimes when I look back, I wish I had done the OPPOSITE of what I did and I fear this may be one of those times. My ego wants him to want me, and this occurred with his ex when she didn't care about him anymore. He went crazy when she just wanted to be friends after he kept her on a ten foot pole for their entire relationship.

So we know that when you ignore an ex or seemingly don't care anymore, it usually piques their curiosity. It's all ego at this point, I am well aware of that.

So ego aside, the HUMAN thing to do is wish him a happy birthday but I have to relinquish any future ego satisfaction to do that.

Can you tell him you tried to bake him a cake but with all those candles it exploded instantaneously? ;-)

I think it's fine to do a standard "happy birthday" that you would do with an acquaintance who has you on their birthday calendar and sends the basically perfunctory message. That way you don't come accross as cold but nor do you come accross as wanting more than a friendly working relationship.

Ha ha....that would be fun to see! Especially since he continues to lie about his age on link removed! (last time I checked, anyway). I should check today to see if he aged another year!

So you think the email greeting is the way to go, Batya? TODAY, on his birthday?

Well, I think the problem is solved. There has been an email exchange this morning about band business sent by another band member and my ex sent a lengthy email about band plans (as he is the de facto leader now), at the end of the email he specifically asked me a question about a task that I take care of and requested an answer.

So I can respond (in a couple of hours!) with my reply to his question, and just include a Happy Birthday! at the end of my email.

What do you think, was that easy or what?

Well, I think the problem is solved. There has been an email exchange this morning about band business sent by another band member and my ex sent a lengthy email about band plans (as he is the de facto leader now), at the end of the email he specifically asked me a question about a task that I take care of and requested an answer.

So I can respond (in a couple of hours!) with my reply to his question, and just include a Happy Birthday! at the end of my email.

That's perfect!

excellent way...and no real extra effort on your part...so a nice way out tagging along on someone else's email...good for you.

hugs.

Archived