So, after a year he steps up his game?

bebeblondie

I've know this guy for about a year...We met up a couple of times while we were out with friends, made out but nothing ever came of it. After the last time I saw him which was about a month ago, he started contacting me more frequently, and finally last week asked to take me to dinner on Thurs. I said ok, he picked me up (he lives about 45 min away from me) we went to dinner and then for drinks, we had a very nice time. During dinner we were talking and he had mentioned that he wants to get married and have kids (which I know a lot of men do, it's just not what I typically hear on a first date). He also kept saying that he can't believe we've known each other a year and have only seen each other 5 or 6 times, and then went on to say that although we've known each other a year he feels like he's known me much longer than that. Since Thurs he's been texting me everyday (we've established he's not a phone person, so far I'm ok with that). Last night he wanted to get together but then we decided against it cause of the holiday wknd traffic.

I know he seems interested I just can't help but wonder what's gotten into him? He's known me for a year and we only had our first date last week. Anway on a side note he's in his early thirties I'm in my late twenties.

Sounds like a mid life... It really is hard to tell. Do you know his past? When was his last serious relationship? That would help us come up with a better answer. He may of been seeing someone when you first met too..

Sounds like a mid life... It really is hard to tell. Do you know his past? When was his last serious relationship? That would help us come up with a better answer. He may of been seeing someone when you first met too..

I mean it could be that he was seeing someone, but I doubt it cause he seemed to be out with his friends most weekends. Also, I came accross his AOL profile, and as odd as this sounds in his marital status it said "single until at least 33"...he turned 33 2 weeks ago.

hmmm, if this was me, it would probably because i was seeing someone else in that time frame. maybe the timing was off.

it could be he realized what he could possibly be missing out on.

I just highly doubt he was seeing someone else...he has all these myspace and facebook profiles that say he's been single for the whole time I've known him.

well, in that case, i'd say you didn't spark his interest then.

Well see that's the thing, when we first met last summer he did ask me out on a couple of dates but due to our conflicting schedules we were unable to get together. But throughout the year we we kept meeting up with friends, sometimes he initiated, sometimes I did.

I am far from being 30 something, but I can make a few guesses about where this is coming from.

1. Maybe he was enjoying the single life for a while and realized recently he wants to find someone who could be forever. He's starting out with past hookups, exes, friends of friends, trying them out. YOu're one of them. Maybe you're the only one?

2. Maybe he's still in the single mindset and just wants to bed you

3. Maybe something happened that made him think of you fondly

I am far from being 30 something, but I can make a few guesses about where this is coming from.

1. Maybe he was enjoying the single life for a while and realized recently he wants to find someone who could be forever. He's starting out with past hookups, exes, friends of friends, trying them out. YOu're one of them. Maybe you're the only one?

2. Maybe he's still in the single mindset and just wants to bed you

3. Maybe something happened that made him think of you fondly

Hope it's not #2 lol

So just a little update....he hasn't texted me since Sunday. Last night I texted him "how's your week goin" and this is what he wrote back "there have been better weeks it's been a long week but I got 2 hours left until the end of the work day and 1 more day before my work week is over, off fri and sat so things are lookin up....How's yours going? Work has been so busy I hate working these hours I am doing day tours next which I like so much better". A bit dissapointed that he didn't ask to see me fri or sat, that was his perfect opportunity to ask, since Sunday he said he wanted to get together this week.

my guess is you were not his high priority early on.

timing is important, I turned down a guy about a years ago but I'd very happy to even initiate contact with him if I meet him today. do I like him? yes, I don't dislike him. do I like him that much? no.

so well, hard to see, only you know to go for it or not. good luck

Archived