Another alone/lonely holiday!

The Independence Day is the day after tomorrow and our office will be closed tomorrow. Many people I know will travel and I feel like the last person being left here in this relatively new place. I moved here last year and still haven't established solid friendship with people.

Broke up two months ago and here have been two holidays already! Last time was the Memorial Day and I didn't feel much pain because we had a cookout in a friend's house. Tired of working and want to take some time to relax. But does it mean I'll end up being alone? Ironically my ex might be spending the long weekend with his new found love. Now when I think about it it's just like some random thoughts slipping around and then disappear, without leaving a trace. I DON'T cry when I think that they might be together, amazing! I decided not to hold any hope of him coming back and I do feel much better after I had a good cry to say goodbye to him. Good signs?

Anyhow, just wonder about those who just experienced breakup but have to be alone during this holiday weekend, what are you going to do to lift your spirits a little bit? I asked about every friend on facebook to see if they want to hang out, but not sure if I can get any. It's hard to learn to be happy alone again, but I'm trying...

I was single for three years while in the graduate school and I even didn't notice any other couples because I was content being single! But now because everything is so fresh I just couldn't handle anything like that. Maybe I'll stay at home with the dogs if nobody has time to hang out with me...I plan to borrow lots of videos to fill my time.

I know this is going to sound bad, but I spent Canada Day (the equivalent of Independence Day) cleaning and packing. I didn't feel like watching fireworks and seeing all the happy families and couples at the events.

Maybe I'll do the same lol! It's hard to watch happy families and couples when I'm alone. My families are far away and I'll miss them and my ex too much! Just have to have my fingers crossed to find some friends to hang out, if not, home and the dog park!

Archived