It's been almost 7 months since my ex broke up with me. 7 months... it's never taken me this long to get over someone. She really struck a chord with me.

Today was the first day where I woke up, and thought "I don't want her anymore", and meant it. I wasn't convincing myself, I really felt that. And it felt good. It felt great, in fact.

I still think about her, way too much. She was fun, and pretty, we had good chemistry, and the sex was outstanding. But at the same time, she's very immature, spoiled, and still thinks relationships are fairy tales where the guy can read her mind and she doesn't have to put any effort into it.

I know from experience I will backslide. Healing, at least for me, is like a pendulum, and eventually I will become centered. Hopefully recognizing this will help me weather the next pity party I throw myself.

I'm not the sort to say "never", though. Would I ever take her back? As is, I'd rather be drawn and quartered. If she grows up and matures, I think she could be a pretty amazing woman.

I'm not gonna hold my breath, though.

Archived