becoming a "friend"..

Im still talking to this girl. We are not exclusive as of now, but I do find myself jealous when she tells other guys they're hott or cute and what not (normal). We both opened up pretty nicely, share embarrasing childhood stories, talk about problems we have with things and what not. Somehow, though, I feel like I'm going into the zone of being just a "friend". I do tell her she's pretty and compliment her, but I was wondering if there is anyway to show her that I am more than friend material?

On a side note, I did find out that she is looking for something long-term and that she is(or was) very interested in me and does want to keep seeing me.

yea i did, she said she didn't know if she could come see me that much. so it wasn't really a yes or no. I'm supposed to go down there 2 weeks from today hang get to know her better. Maybe i'll talk to her about it tonight or something when she calls.

Heres some background on the date we had. We held hands and walked with my hand around her the whole day. We went swimming that day and she was basically with me the whole time on my back or in my arms. Even after we got out of the pool, we were basically together the whole time. We then wandered out to my car for something and while closing the door, she lunged at me and gave me a big kiss. We then opted to sit in the car and kiss for about 20 minutes or so.

I have been trying to disect things and find out how she feels (doesn't show feelings that well because of passed relationships) and while talking to my cousin, she said this..

"since she initiated the kiss and was aggressive, she probably likes you alot. But she might be scared of finding someone closer, or if you or her will cheat."

Would it be wrong for me to tell this girl that I can't be strung along like this when i see her next? I dont want to ruin the day by talking about details of where we could be going, but i feel after a month of talking, something needs to happen and see where it will be going. But are LDR's different in that fashion?

I don't think you could call this "stringing along". Ask her if she wants to be your girlfriend or see each other exclusively. If she doesn't say "YES", then it's a no. Anything in the gray area (you live so far away, I'm talking to other people...) is a no.

I don't think she's really jerking you around....she just might prefer to meet someone closer who she could see more often.

Archived