I just missed an exam!

I did that once. I got the days mixed up on the final exam & showed up exactly 24 hours too late, wondering where the other 200 students were! When I realized it I went straight to her office. She wasn't there, so I sent an email at a nearby computer explaining (very apologetically) that I mixed it up & begged for another chance to take the exam. Then I waited at her office for her to either show up or reply to my email. She replied & said I could take it the next day.

Don't wait any longer. Email them right away, then go to their office. If they aren't there, call. Leave a message. Wait at their office until you somehow get ahold of them!

Yeah, I was at a state university.

Email your instructor- go straight to the top. Your tutor is probably busy with other things, or may forget or delay talking to your instructor for you. It's not their problem, or their job. Plus, it's not going to do your case any good if you don't handle it yourself. Look at it from your instructor's point of view.. "If he can't even talk to me himself, why should I cut him a break?"

You would be very lucky if the tutor managed to get the exam rescheduled for you. Take your future into your own hands and handle it yourself. Do not delay. The longer you wait, the less chance of getting a break!

My freshman year of college, I missed one of my exams as well. I had the day right, but the wrong location and time.

I emailed the professor/and called his available contact numbers and left multiple messages, explaining my error.

He understood and allowed me to do an "email" version of the exam(essays and email to him after a certain amount of time - I believe a couple of hours). It was totally against policy, but because I was a freshman, panicked, in a frenzy, and noticeably upset, coupled with, I had regular attendance and good marks in the class all semester, he made an exception.

Good luck. Contact that professor until you get a hold of him.

this guy is the top guy - i have emailed the guy that holds the keys

i will just have to wait for news tomorrow

Do you have a phone number you can try? Trust me, the more effort they see on your part to resolve this immediately, the better chance this is going to end in your favor.

If I were you, I would do everything I can to get an answer asap, not only for peace of mind knowing you have another chance but to show the instructor that it was a mistake and you are really a reliable student.

I wouldn't be satisfied sending one email and waiting a day or two for a response. I say try harder to get ahold of one of them. Hope you get another chance.

Already happened to me. Don't let them tell you "no, you can't make it up". The admin seems really good at doing that. They just want to discourage students that are not super serious about retaking the exams, or that they think they missed it on purpouse.

I had to draft a formal letter of appeal, and I got to retake my exam.

Me too... back in my freshman year at the university. Mixed up my final days and missed one of my art class finals. When I remembered, I called my instructor and he said he wondered where I was at. I asked if I could take it then but he had submitted his grades like two hours before I called... so no go! Dropped my A to a B. LOL learned that lesson!

Good luck!

Archived