masturbation

cuddi

My boyfriend dumped me a lil over a month ago (we had been together for 2 years) And I just started getting horny again. So I masturbated. And then I cried for about 5 minutes afterwards.

Am I weird? Is this NORMAL? Because I feel like a loser for crying.

Weird in what sense? That you got emotional after you masturbated? If the question is whether or not, it's normal to masturbate - then yes, it's completely normal. You are probably still going through an emotional stage right now. Don't worry if you cry, it's ok. Things will get better.

Sometimes I cry after it. I don't masturbate often but sometimes I do and feel stupid and pathetic. But masturbation is perfectly normal. Last time I masturbated, I thought of my ex who was getting married that day (We broke up over 3 years ago). I recalled a steamy session we had after we first started dating. I was so pissed at myself afterward b/c I thought of that.

Sometimes we can't help what we think and sometimes we get emotional. Just remember that it's normal adn part of healing.

Crying is normal post-orgasm behavior for females. Normal in the sense that it isn't considered odd, rare, or aberrant.

It can signal emotional anxieties laying un-dealt-with right around the threshold of the conscious/semi-conscious portion of the mind, but in your case you're pretty well aware of those anxieties, and furthermore, being so soon after breakup, there isn't anything wrong with them being there.

Orgasm cases so much rapid chemical shift in the body and brain over such a short time it's a surprise some people don't enter psychosis temporarily whilst adjusting to the propensity of it all. In short, with all the many neurotransimissional chemicals and hormones spiking, shifting, releasing, and just generally secreting, no one should be surprised if they behave emotionally different after having just done that to themselves, whether it's crying out of joy or malign.

I wouldn't say crying is a normal response to masturbating, but it is a normal response to being emotionally hurt. If masturbating makes you think of your ex, then it makes sense that it would upset you. Just like cupcakes used to make me cry because I'd think of my ex. It wasn't the cupcakes themselves, but the meaning that was attached to them.

Solution: Give yourself some time to heal and get some new fantasies!

I wouldn't say crying is a normal response to masturbating

I wouldn't, either.

Someone might cry if they have emotional issues or have been abused or if masturbating has some association in their mind that is unpleasant or reminds them of something.

But just saying that normal everyday women cry after masturbating just because they are women? That's just [mod edit] sexist as I said.

Archived