H1N1 Flu revenge... what to do?

Does anyone think it'll mutate and hit us harder in the fall/winter season? If anyone out there feels something's gonna pop off, what would a good way to prepare be? Is it possible only the Elite will have the money/means to survive so the virus can kill off their "black" sheep so the ones left will be easier to control? Sorry if it's veering into "conspiracy" territory, but sometimes I'm just so uncertain about this insane world.

Since I don't value my life much, I don't know if I'm gonna take any precautions myself. It's one thing for me to suffer, but my family, the people who put up with my crap and love me and raised me to suffer (especially my innocent 2 year old niece and my brother and his wife's baby on the way) is far too much for me to bear since they are "omg no need for alarm" on the whole thing... I don't know what's going to happen, but I don't know what I'd do without them. I am handicapped by emotion and empathy; the absence of those things are one of the ways the rich and powerful are able to manipulate and control the world with disregard to who they walk over in the process. I just wish I was stronger and more prepared as a person.

Sorry for the rant... I have a feeling that this is another scare both the media/conspiracy polarities are having an "info-orgy" with but then again, people used to think the earth is flat.

I think everything will be fine. I herd that in Mexico it is getting better, therefore if its getting better there then it should be getting better here. Actually, I have not heard about any new cases of the flu in the news.

The one thing that I don't understand is, why people went to Mexico and are still going. I remember weeks ago it was on the radio about something going around in Mexico, yet people still went. What else I don't understand is why people are still going to Mexico even with the flu going around, like they are brining it back and then they wonder why people are getting sick.

I've heard that the majority of the cases being reported in America and Canada are fairly mild. In theory, it could be better to get the Swine Flu now when the strain is fairly mild and you are likely to recover. This way your body can build some immunity to it.

I saw this question posed on the news to a Doctor. While the doctor agreed with the theory, he did say 'they' really don't know when the virus will mutate, and if everyone tries to get it, then we could actual cause the mutation or even catch a mutated for of the strain.

The last time the influenza strain hit hardest was during 1918 (then called the "Spanish Flu" but that had nothing to do with the origin of the influenza strain). There are three types of strains, Type B & C cause ordinary flu that we get seasonally. Type A is the most dangerous, its virulent, has higher mortality and is able to mutate faster than type B & C.

The reason why everyone is worried and seemingly "blowing" this out of proportion, is because in 1918, it hit globally as a mild flu epidemic in the spring. It was in the fall when it hit the hardest. The flu killed 20 million people worldwide (actual numbers are estimated to be around 40-50 million because of censorship [the spanish flu was occurring around world war II during that time] and for misdiagnosis and cause of death).

H1N1 is type A and I think the World Health Organization and the media are taking necessary steps in informing the public. H1N1 has the potential to affect a lot of people and kill many. That isn't to say that we've progressed with technology, and global co-operation. Last time I heard there were only a couple hundred confirmed CASES of H1N1. We aren't going to reach numbers of over 20 million deaths like 1918. However, viruses are unpredictable, and antiviral drugs can only do so much before resistance develops.

Viruses are bad for people and businesses. It can devastate a lot of industries and depending on what areas are affected, they can cause entire economies go to into slumps.

I think the only thing we can do on our part is to just wash our hands, avoid touching our eyes and mouth, stay at home when we feel unwell to prevent spread to others.. and just hope that this strain will stay mild.

Archived