How long do you give it before deciding if you want to continue to date?

Daligal83

If you're just starting to date someone, how many dates or how long do you give it to see if chemistry develops? We can't always expect huge sparks at the first meet. Sometimes they have to grow. So how long is long enough to figure out if there going to be there or not?

I'm thinking too soon about this, but I was fixed up on a blind date with this guy. I had an OK time. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either. I am attracted to him, but I just didn't feel those sparks. Downside is he lives an hour away and I have no desire to leave this city. The thought of it makes me very sad. So I don't know if there's a point in even trying. He seems pretty settled there; he recently bought a house.

He's interested enough to contact me every other day since the date. I'm going to where he lives next weekend and will probably see him. He called me yesterday and I didn't pick up because I was at my sister's, but now it's a day later and I really don't feel like calling him back. I'm thinking that's not a good sign, but that I should give it another shot and that it's too early to write him off.

Thoughts?

He called me yesterday and I didn't pick up because I was at my sister's, but now it's a day later and I really don't feel like calling him back. I'm thinking that's not a good sign, but that I should give it another shot and that it's too early to write him off.

I would say that if you aren't excited about getting the chance to see him again after the first date .... chances are that excitement/spark is not going to develop.

In this situation, I probably wouldn't give things another shot.

I'd never have to ask myself this. Either I'm into her or not, and when I am theres, no question if I wanna continue to see her. You just know. Not like love but, having a new cool friend with the potential to bang.

If you don't feel like calling him back thats just means that. If you were into him you'd wanna hang or at least reply. If enough time passes you wont be in control anymore and he'll get it.

Archived