Natural stuff for pimples?

it depends on why you have the pimples. whether it is due to leaving makeup on the skin/exposure to pollutants/hormones/etc. i know of these remedies:

- using oatmeal and honey as a facial mask

- using almond oil as a nightly cleanser (this works great for me)

- tea tree oil (always works)

- aloe vera gel

- witch hazel

- a good acne soap bar from a store like Lush

i've stopped using chemical products and just use baking soda + water (also normal soap separately) to cleanse, sugar to exfoliate, and the almond oil to cleanse and moisturize. my skin has become way nicer than before.

In terms of natural solutions, what helps to improve my skin is drinking a good amount of water everyday and eating less salt/sugar (my skin responds a lot to what i eat). Also, eating anti-inflammatory foods in general helps for me; ginger is really good for this and i sometimes use it to make tea. : ]

edit: what do you use for cleansing and moisturizing?

it depends on why you have the pimples. whether it is due to leaving makeup on the skin/exposure to pollutants/hormones/etc. i know of these remedies:

- using oatmeal and honey as a facial mask

- using almond oil as a nightly cleanser (this works great for me)

- tea tree oil (always works)

- aloe vera gel

- witch hazel

- a good acne soap bar from a store like Lush

i've stopped using chemical products and just use baking soda + water (also normal soap separately) to cleanse, sugar to exfoliate, and the almond oil to cleanse and moisturize. my skin has become way nicer than before.

These are good. I have always taken very good care of my skin and only have the tiny beginnings of wrinkles.

How do you do the oatmeal and honey mask? Literally raw oats and honey spread on your face? What does it do?

Steps:

Get a container and put in enough oatmeal for half a cup of water, probably going to be more or less a quarter cup.

Add the half a cup of water.

Add enough honey until mixture is very gooey.

Apply to your face and keep on for 10-15 minutes

Wash your face off with warm water and pat dry with towel.

link removed

here is better information: link removed

I wanted to add in something that i forgot to mention before: the aspirin mask. There are different ways to do it, but the most basic recipe is to take 2or 3 uncoated aspirin tablets and crush them with a tiny bit of water (enough to make a paste), and then apply to your pimples/spots. I usually leave it on for about 10-15 minutes. I don't do it very often, but it seems to help slightly to dry out/calm the pimples without irritation. It will depend on your skin, but it's worth a try. Here's a link: link removed

I first found out about this from another website a long time ago, but if you google it, there are many helpful websites that discuss it too.

Archived