should i wait for her to break up with him?

ok ive liked this girl for a while now and i never thought id have a chance with her but now she likes me.we both know how we feel about eachother. I talk to her and stuff and we are friends and whenever i see her she says hi and waves to me and stuff. Sometimes i catch her looking at me and when i turn up and look at her she smiles and waves but the problem is she has this boyfriend hes this pot smoking stoner whose a year younger than her ive been told that she kind of thinks less of him for smoking and stuff. one of my friends is in all her classes and shes always telling him how much she likes me and if she was single she'd go out with me she even told her boyfriend that she had been thinking of me. i really like her but i dont know how long she'll be with him i want to go out with her but i dont want to be waiting on the sidelines forever. should i hang in there and wait for her or forget about it?

I have to slightly diasgree with the previous posts...

you 'could' wait and see what happens, but you may be losing your chance.

Instead you should talk to her and make her understand that the current relationship ain't anything to hope for. Do not talk to the boyfriend about her or the situation, only her.

If you can't see the chance, you have to make it! Get her to understand that she's in a bad relationship! Take your shot!