Do I Still Have A Chance Continuing College? Be Honest!

svc52

In my school's Academic probation policy, We have to maintain a "C" average or better in the courses, maintain at least 2.0 GPA, or be placed on academic probation. Students are subject to academic dismissal if, after they have been on academic probation for two consecutive terms.

In my first semester in college I have failed my classes with F in economics, D in English, D in Geography, C in Math with 1.0 GPA. I believe I have academic probation after the first term but does that mean it is consider a academic probation during my first term? In my second semester, I also failed two classes, Math and Computer Science, but I drop the course so it won't take affect on my transcript except with W (withdrawal). Im passing my other two classes with A, B or C. I believe I have at least 2.0 GPA with the two classes Im taking. Does that still consider part of academic probation since I drop two classes?

I feel like I have no future..and it is the scariest feeling in the world. I want to live a good life and create a future for myself and maybe this is a lesson I need to ponder about what I really want in my life in terms of long term goals but this really does feel crappy to be honest..I feel like the world is getting ahead of me. I hope I can seek some help..I feel

I think you're fine. you probably weren't on academic probation that first semester...you are only on probation AFTER you receive your grades (you hadn't received any grades yet, so weren't on probation). If you have pulled up your grades, you should be able to get out of probation.

A lot of college students do this--they have a hard time adjusting to college life, where you have more freedom and are not spoon-fed the information or checked up on constantly.

Just chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Withdrawls dont help probation really especially if another class isnt picked up in its place. The school will look at it like you cant handle the course load. You are sill on probation. I suggest you try to do your very best in your classes now to raise your GPA abit.

After that try to mix easy classes with the harder ones, its balances it out. Also talk to the profs when you have problems. If they see that you are working at it, some help your grades up a bit or give extra credit.

Thanks I feel much better now. I was too afraid that I might get kicked out. I just don't know why college/university would kick students out. They're making money anyways

Um to keep up their standards/reputation? No one would really wanna go to a college where the students tend to fail.

Archived