K056

Why I should date?

I recently broke up with my girlfriend because I felt this way. Our split was mutual, we talked it out and realized that it was just bad timing for the both of us. Maybe in a different time/place things could have been different, but things happened when they happened and nothing can change that.

I digress, I honestly don't see any benefit to dating. I don't need sex, but I am a horny 18 year old male, so sometimes I want it really badly. But I don't need it. When I'm not dating anyone my libido, usually, is very low, almost to the point of asexuality...

I also don't see the point of having a loving relationship with a partner. In the past whenever I would get close to someone in this way they would always end up leaving me. I have not become afraid of loving someone, I'm more confused then fearful of it.

I am happy with myself. Ever since I started daily meditation, my mind has become pure and filled with love. Which I try to spread around to my peers as much as I can. Everyone acts on their anger all the time. Its interesting, and unfortunate. Anyway, before meditation I had been riding the 'emotional roller-coaster' for many years. But now thats over, and I have just about reached a state of Mindfulness; I couldn't be more happy. I don't see how a relationship could/would benefit me.

(Yeah so all that probably didn't make sense, oh well.)

But I ask again, why should I date?

convince you? that is your choice. i would never convince a friend to date if they weren't ready. i'd tell them to come out and hang with the boys and have a good time though. maybe someone will spark their interest. but the point is to have fun and not think about it.

there's no should or shouldn't in dating. i've actually thought this way a little while ago, but for me, it was just that NO ONE interested me enough for me to date them. i think once you meet someone who just sweep you off your feet, then you'd want to pursue them, want to "date" them. dating should be something you do with someone you really like. it shouldn't be a goal. i think this is how EVERYONE should be like. good for you.

More for me.

If you ever want to come back to the dating pool, you're more than welcome back, if you feel being single and not dating is better for you, more power to you.

That's the best part about being single, no one can make you do anything. Of course there are benefits and costs on both sides, the decision in the end is up to no one but you though!

Archived