Rescinding a Prom Date?

_C_J_

I had started talking to this girl I know a couple of months ago, nothing major. We started talking a lot more recently and now the Prom is coming up. One thing led to another and next thing you know we decided we should go together.

We apparently had different impressions of what this meant as she blew off going to the movies together (still way before the prom) when something came up because "it's not like it was a date or anything". Feeling foolish I told her that I think we should reconsider going to prom together.

Am I wrong for feeling that a prom is a pretty expensive night to spend with someone who thinks of you only as a friend? I need help figuring out whether to apologize for this outburst or if I'm just and should stick to my guns.

P.S. This all happened just yesterday so any help would be greatly appreciated as it's all still on shaky ground. Thanks!

I actually think you would have more fun going to the prom with a friend then someone you're dating.

Guys waste an enormous amount of time and energy trying to get laid on prom night...and distracts you from enjoying a milestone in your life. You only get one prom...enjoy it. Plenty of time for the other stuff.

I actually think you would have more fun going to the prom with a friend then someone you're dating.

Guys waste an enormous amount of time and energy trying to get laid on prom night...and distracts you from enjoying a milestone in your life. You only get one prom...enjoy it. Plenty of time for the other stuff.

i remember more after the prom than what happened during it

...she blew off going to the movies together (still way before the prom) when something came up because "it's not like it was a date or anything".

Just throwing this out there because it's something I might have said when I was younger and a bit more stupid... that's the sort I'd have said if I were hoping you'd turn around and say 'well maybe it should be a date'.

Perhaps she is hoping for more than just friendship but thinks because you haven't made it clear you thought prom was a date, that you're not interested like that?

Just throwing this out there because it's something I might have said when I was younger and a bit more stupid... that's the sort I'd have said if I were hoping you'd turn around and say 'well maybe it should be a date'.

Perhaps she is hoping for more than just friendship but thinks because you haven't made it clear you thought prom was a date, that you're not interested like that?

Ha-ha. Actually, that's a good point. The mind games...they start early and end late.

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Archived