Feel Like I'm Moving On

I don't want to say it's set in stone, but every day I feel like I'm moving on and letting go a bit more. I still think of him and miss him but I really think that writing him an email a week and a half ago helped me, especially since he responded and essentially said he planned on using the next few months to get his life together (so basically wants NC).

Since then, I don't feel obsessed anymore. I do check his profiles but I don't cry, don't long, and basically don't feel sick. I just feel curious. I still love him but I'm starting to think certain things about him were not what I want in a partner. Sure, I'd be willing to work out anything, but the main thing I want in a partner is someone who doesn't give up when times get tough...like he did. Even though he's a good person and I don't feel like I'm holding a grudge anymore, I don't want someone who is so concerned about what I eat and what I wear. I know his circumstances were weird the last 6 months and a lot of the problems are probably due to his stress and other issues but that's really still no excuse for some of the ways he acted towards me

I'm at the point where I wouldn't even want to be with him again if he was the same person he was when he broke up with me. I like being able to wear what I want and eat the same food in a restauraunt 2 weeks in a row without having someone pout about it. He was pretty much right that we--or should I say---he was too wrapped up. He cared so much about what I did that he didn't mind his OWN business. Now he can mind it all he wants and I can mind mine without worrying about upsetting him.

He's still in my heart and maybe one day he'll grow up (and so will I). I'm not waiting for that day, but I'd thank God sincerely if it ever comes. Til then or someone else, I feel like I can move on. Now I just have to worry about a job...ugh...

Awwww!! *hug*

I feel exactly the same as you at this point. EXACTLY. I think it's a positive sign of moving on. I mean sure, I still care for my ex and a part of me loves him but like you said, I don't want him back if he's still the same as when we broke up. He has to grow up, and change, and I too, am learning and changing and I actually feel good for this opportunity to be single and just think about ME.

Yay us!

II do check his profiles but I don't cry, don't long, and basically don't feel sick. I just feel curious. I still love him but I'm starting to think certain things about him were not what I want in a partner. Sure, I'd be willing to work out anything, but the main thing I want in a partner is someone who doesn't give up when times get tough...like he did. Even though he's a good person and I don't feel like I'm holding a grudge anymore, I don't want someone who is so concerned about what I eat and what I wear.

I've reched a similar point. I don't have him ciriticising me all the time and point out my weaknesses without noticing his own.

I still miss him a bit and the things we used to do but I don't cry anymore and feel like I'm getting better while I do, wear, eat, sleep/stay up, do my stupid things when and how I like to do them.

re...''but the main thing I want in a partner is someone who doesn't give up when times get tough...like he did.''

yeah I hear you...i think we ALL hear you on that one: hanging in there during the rough times is something not many of us know how to do very well is it?...

We all want that my dear...ALL of us...gives us hope.

you take care and all the best with your job hunting!

(i'm having a bit of a lonely feeling blues day...sheesh)....

just when I'm feeling OK the last little while again comes

today for an emotional hit....I'm missing my ex...but it will pass.... * * * * !

Glad you are feeling better! I want the same things too in somebody...like when things get tough, they don't take it out on others, especially those who care about them.

I am getting there too....even noticed some female interest this week which was a nice little surprise for me. Not to say I am looking right now but I smiled and made some good chit chat and it was like a little bit of myself coming back again. When my heart becomes whole, I'll maybe pursue.

Well done WW and keep it up!

Ellandroader:

hey bro: yeah nothing wrong with flirting right?

'' I am getting there too....even noticed some female interest this week which was a nice little surprise for me. Not to say I am looking right now but I smiled and made some good chit chat and it was like a little bit of myself coming back again. When my heart becomes whole, I'll maybe pursue.

Well done WW and keep it up!''

Im glad your doing well! =) I feel the same way as you..everyday it gets a little easier. I still think about him every day and I miss him..but I know with time I will be alright and so will you! I cant wait till the day i can look back and just laugh at all this and it wont hurt me ONE BIT.

Archived