Musicians?

AviatorsWork

Hey again guys...I just wanted to raise the question about musicians....

Anyone think girls find musicians more attractive JUST because they are musicians? Or does it have to do more with the instrument they play, or their willingness to play for you..

I've been playing guitar for about 9 years, piano for 7, and Saxophone for 4...Any of those I really shouldn't mention? lol

the fact that they play instruments or are you talking about a particular stereotypical look?

Musicians have stereotypical looks? I mean, I guess that's true, but they vary A LOT since that's going to be predicated on genre. A guy on "Making the Band" isn't going to look like a dude from A7X, and a dude from A7X isn't going to look like Kurt Cobain, and Kurt Cobain doesn't look like Dimebag Darrell.

Musicians have stereotypical looks? I mean, I guess that's true, but they vary A LOT since that's going to be predicated on genre. A guy on "Making the Band" isn't going to look like a dude from A7X, and a dude from A7X isn't going to look like Kurt Cobain, and Kurt Cobain doesn't look like Dimebag Darrell.

i don't stereotype tyler, that is why i'm asking why they mean that. it was a pretty general statement they made. some detail is necessary i think.

i don't stereotype tyler, that is why i'm asking why they mean that.

Yeah I worded that terribly, I didn't mean to imply that YOU were stereotyping, I was just confused how anyone can have an incredibly favorable or distateful view of musicians since they vary so much. Should have quoted the other person.

Aviators,

Musicians, as a general rule, are a self-confident bunch because perhaps more than any other profession, they've had to learn how to self-promote and become staunchly resistant to criticism and rejection. This kind of raw, punchy self-confidence always has a romantic aura which seems to attract members of the opposite sex. My guess is it probably has little to do with the actual instrument played. The old phrase of "drummers get all the chicks" is probably just lore.

Artists and musicians, as a whole tend to be excellent marketers but less talented in management and accounting.

So, lots of hype and little of the "suit and tie" persona and you've got an attractive, romantic risk-taking musician. Heck, I'm in love just typing it...LOL.

I think the challenge for a musician, being one myself, is meeting people who understand the demands of the business and the limited income. However, I seldom meet musicians who don't enjoy what they do. I would rather meet a young lady who has a passion for something in life and isn't afraid so share her expression with others.

the fact that they play instruments or are you talking about a particular stereotypical look?

Oh, I have no problem with someone playing an instrument. If the instrument is a passion then I think that's wonderful, it makes no difference which one.

I was more responding to:

Anyone think girls find musicians more attractive JUST because they are musicians?

I know many musicians, both professional and amateur, and their career or hobby of choice just isn't enough to get me interested. So you're a muso, okay- show me more. What is your character? How do you treat people? What goals do you have? Don't just say "I'm a drummer.." or "I'm a bassist.." and expect me to swoon.

Been there, done that.. yawn.

Oh, I have no problem with someone playing an instrument. If the instrument is a passion then I think that's wonderful, it makes no difference which one.

I was more responding to:

I know many musicians, both professional and amateur, and their career or hobby of choice just isn't enough to get me interested. So you're a muso, okay- show me more. What is your character? How do you treat people? What goals do you have? Don't just say "I'm a drummer.." or "I'm a bassist.." and expect me to swoon.

Been there, done that.. yawn.

Ok, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

I think generally women are attracted to creative people (in fact PEOPLE are attracted to creative people). Musicians generally fall into that category.

My wife's first husband was in a well known rock band in this country. All I can say is, a successful musician would be very hard to have a long term relationship with.

Lol, ok my bad for the lack of explanation...

I was thinking more like, would it be a plus to be a musician....I read a topic about someone who always "JUST SO" happens to get left behind as the women he likes get on with their lives with someone else...

So i got to thinking, I don't know if anyone has ever had to choose between another guy or myself, but i was thinking being a musician had to give me some kind of "boost" so to speak

Lol, ok my bad for the lack of explanation...

I was thinking more like, would it be a plus to be a musician....I read a topic about someone who always "JUST SO" happens to get left behind as the women he likes get on with their lives with someone else...

So i got to thinking, I don't know if anyone has ever had to choose between another guy or myself, but i was thinking being a musician had to give me some kind of "boost" so to speak

it might for some women. it's all subjective to each woman.

I've never understood why girls get so riled up about musicians. I think they like the bragging rights of dating a guy in a band. That, and maybe they live vicariously through their boyfriends because they don't feel they have any special talents of their own.

And because I can play guitar, baritone, trumpet, tuba and french horn, I don't find it that difficult therefore, it doesn't impress me when I see a guy carrying a guitar on his back.

I think it's great to have musical ability but there needs to be more than that.

Also, as a side note, the last guy I was in a relationship with is a full time musician. I'm not saying they all act this way but he had that whole rockstar fantasy thing going on. Parties, women, beer all day every day. That's what he wanted.

Too much drama for me.

Ahhh, understood. Still a no, for me. Seeing someone playing an instrument doesn't make me fall in love. If he was a great guy and just so happened to play an instrument, it would just be a nice addition [ but that goes for any hobbie he is passionate about ].

Archived