I was put on the Lactimal starter Kit Friday; I guess the doses start at 25mg up to 100mg in a 5 week period. I have taken it since Friday, I am still depressed and having some anxiety. I just got to work, and I don’t think I can make it though the day. Ic alled my pdoc and left a message if Ic an start taking lexapro with it to help. I’m basically worse at work, I just feel like hiding from everyone and I have no motivation. I talked to HR and told them i was diagnosed with BP and I filled out some FMLA form, so I will see how that goes. I have a huge meeting all day tomorrow about 60 people will be in it, and I work with all men I will be the only female there. I don’t think I can manage this at all, I already have plans to call in tomorrow and I am going to tell this to my pdoc and have her give me a note for the missed day. I simply feel like I can barely function at work anymore and I don’t know what to do? On top of this I have so much stress at home because my BF lost his job and I am the only one brining in any income.

I guess my question is, don’t you think I did the right thing by telling HR what’s going on? Not everything just that i was diagnosed as BP,I did talk to my manager and told him " I was going through some personal stuff, because I don’t feel he needs to know the details.

Does everyone here work, how do you get through he ruff patches? I think I need to go home I can’t make it through the day. I fell like crying right now.

I treid to message you back? This is what I wrote-

i started taking Omega # 1000mg fish oil, and multivitamin. I am just diagnosed with Bi-polar and its been very hard on me. Apparently I was in mania for two years, so now I am completely down, its scary. I always knew something was wrong but until i went to the pdoc and got diagnosed that’s when it hit. Of course my home situation life isn’t any great shakes, My Bf got laid off two weeks ago and has not received any unemployment cuz of whatever reasons. I just moved into a new house and I am paying everything myself. Plus they took his truck and we have one car, seem I cant win anywhere.

Thanks for the encouragement though. I am hoping the Lactimal takes effect soon, for I am starting on a really low dose.

I think you mean Lamictal? I recently got the starter kit myself and I am about 9 days or so into the 25 mg dosage. (Before they thought I had depression so this is the first time I heard more direct mention of BP as well). It won't be long before I move up to 50 mg a day. I had been hypomanic (or maybe sometimes more?) for about a semester after coming off of topomax. I then started slipping into depression and hit rock bottom for 3-4 weeks. Almost as if it was magic, I started coming out of it last Monday. They said it takes about 2-6 weeks for the medication to start having effect. So you just have to try and hold on until then. The good news about BP is that you depressions may come suddenly, but they will also go. So you just have to remind yourself that they time will come when you feel better.

Have you been having any side effects so far?

I been trying to reply to your messaging, its not working here is what I wrote

That wasn’t nice of them at all, sound like a bunch of jerks. Are you taking any medication for your depression and anxiety? My BF is from Brazil and it’s going to be hard for him to find another job, he was in construction and here in Florida the job market sucks. I feel bad for him but at the same time I am frustrated cuz he is not brining home any money.

I don’t go out anymore, I have no desire to, after my separation and divorce from my husband, I must of been in mania and I did some pretty crazy things, but now that I am settled down again, I just stay home. I can’t drink anymore with my meds and I don’t want to, tried that once and it scared the living crap out of me. i got the shakes and my heart wouldn’t stop racing. Bad idea. I am just trying to get though my day and control my anxiety, I don’t think I will be able to come in tomorrow we have a huge meeting I work with all guys and i will be in a 5 hour meeting with 50 men, staring at me. I will probably have a nervous breakdown. Not sure what I am going to do. I did call my pdoc, and I will tell her about the anxiety and the meeting and she will probably wrote me a note. I know that sounds childish but my sanity is at stake here.

Nope I'm not on anything else. I had been on no medications since September or so ... and thought I was feeling great (ohhh but doesn't hypomania always start that way?).

I haven't noticed any real side effects which is pretty amazing. The only possible one I have noticed is that I am drinking a lot of water. Don't know if it can cause dehydration. Also, I am starting to sleep less which could either be just me or the medication.

I think you have to slowly increase the dosage because people can have allergic reactions to the medication and you increase your chances of getting that is you don't start slowly.

I was lucky that the deepest of the depression went *poof* a few days before starting.

Nope I'm not on anything else. I had been on no medications since September or so ... and thought I was feeling great (ohhh but doesn't hypomania always start that way?).

I haven't noticed any real side effects which is pretty amazing. The only possible one I have noticed is that I am drinking a lot of water. Don't know if it can cause dehydration. Also, I am starting to sleep less which could either be just me or the medication.

I think you have to slowly increase the dosage because people can have allergic reactions to the medication and you increase your chances of getting that is you don't start slowly.

I was lucky that the deepest of the depression went *poof* a few days before starting.

How is hypomaina differnt from mania? I mean I know when I was in mania..boy I would do some crazy things..I am drinking alot of water to.

I guess it is different in the sense that it is just less intense. This is all sort of new to me. Last semester I just would exercise a ton, would only sleep 2-3 hours a night, and became sexual to the point of being called a nympho. I did some pretty impulsive things that I can't even imagine doing right now.

Full on mania I guess means like for example.. my Uncle: he will walk very fast for 14 or so miles with no direction what so ever, pawn off all of his belongings.. I don't know all the details.

There is also something called a mixed episode. I think I had one of these about a year ago. I was hardly sleeping or eating at all. Mm.. I started trying on the same outfit over and over all night. Was also walking around in a haze where I felt totally disconnected from the physical world. Restless energy but mixed with suicidal depression. This was no fun..

I found this quote from a website on BP II:

link removed

"Manic states differ from hypomania because perception of self is generally so deluded as to cause a person to act unsafely and take actions potentially permanently destructive to one’s relationships. Additionally, the manic person may be either paranoid or delusional. Those with mania may feel they are invincible. High manic states often require hospitalization to protect the patient from hurting himself or others. "

They said BP II is hypomanic/depressive and BP I is manic/depressive

They also said that anti-depressants can make the condition worse which would make sense for me. I had been on Prozac and it was god awful.

I found this quote from a website on BP II:

link removed

"Manic states differ from hypomania because perception of self is generally so deluded as to cause a person to act unsafely and take actions potentially permanently destructive to one’s relationships. Additionally, the manic person may be either paranoid or delusional. Those with mania may feel they are invincible. High manic states often require hospitalization to protect the patient from hurting himself or others. "

They said BP II is hypomanic/depressive and BP I is manic/depressive

They also said that anti-depressants can make the condition worse which would make sense for me. I had been on Prozac and it was god awful.

Im with you on that one, I was on Lexapro and it was like crack for me. Not that i ever did crak but it made me nuts.

Yeah, on Prozac I first became obsessed with my pores. Then, I got addicted to a computer game (never did that before or after). It was to the point where for 2 weeks or so that is literally all I did other than eat/sleep. Then I started getting suicidal images all over the place.

QUOTE=SuzyQ2513;3210055]Yeah, on Prozac I first became obsessed with my pores. Then, I got addicted to a computer game (never did that before or after). It was to the point where for 2 weeks or so that is literally all I did other than eat/sleep. Then I started getting suicidal images all over the place.

Wow..scary..I hope this Lactiaml works thats all I have to say. That hallucianting stuff people talk about scares the crap out of me. :shocked!:

Archived