he raised his voice on phone

LAYAAN

alright, so I was talking to a man. We have been talking on n off. His mom said to me before "he is looking for a bright, ambitious woman." I didn't say anything. I just said "ok"

In the flow of conversation, I happen to ask him "what are you looking for?" he answered "personality" I said "oh, okay, thats cool. Your mom said you are looking for a bright ambitious woman" He suddenly raised his voice "thats my mom. thats my mom. thats not me. what school, what degree, thats my mom. thats not me."

I was stumped at this. What was that? frustration? anger? I just didn't know what to say. Why raise voice like this? I needed clarification so I asked. Whats there to get mad at me? I didn't craft these replies. Did I go wrong anywhere? Does he have anger issues?

In our very 1st conversation- he basically asked me about my profession, what do I want to do, where can I find a job etc. I found it strange, but I still answered those Qs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be frustration at his mom that flowed on to you...

Maybe thats what she wants for him, and he is probably tired of hearing it...

I dont think it was something you did/asked wrong...but if you have another conversation with him and he reacts like this, thats a red flag.

It sounds to me like his mother may have overstepped her bounds in telling you what SHE thinks her son is looking for and that is probably not the first time his mother has stuck her nose in to his love life so I bet his anger was coming out because he is frustrated with his mom. This wasn't about you at all, this was about his annoyance with his mother. I see it more as a red flag about his mother than about him!

ghost, LOL, everyone on ENA knows that I'm an Indian. LOL

i don't really keep track of that tinu. i give my adivce based on fact. guess i should note this is an indian dating mom thing because i had no idea. *note taken* i just would be really weirded out if i was in contact with some girl and her mom got up in her biz. or if i called her house and her mom answered.

ya, may be.

I think there is something going on in between mom n son.

- She calls me to find out if he called me or not.

- She says, "I like you." (I start sweating

- Some of the moms I talked to liked me and they started pushing their sons and everything started to fall apart from that point on. I think this will be same story. I feel afraid when I'm talking to these kids' parents.

- I don't think that the son has a good relationship with his mom. I think his mom is pushing him. When he initiates a phone call, he talks properly. When I call, he rarely answers. If he answers, he is mostly brief. He doesn't open up about much. I am really having a problem with him.

You know what. I think he is not ready for marriage yet. On his facebook, he has his picture and you see some blonde girl's long hair falling on his shoulder. May be he was in love before and hasn't healed and his mom is pushing him? I don't know. I rarely call him. I am turned off by his constant attitude. I'm gonna confront him next time. Yes, I feel it too.

They stay in 2 different states (4 hours air distance apart) from each other.

Archived