Is A Happy Ending Possible With Love?

My own experience with love is similar to everyone around here - the awesome breath-taking moments that it can provide and the depressing aftermaths after a relationship ends.

I understand that no relationship is perfect and we are all at faults to a certain degree when the relationship doesnt work out. It just seem like each person on this board is collection of past experiences -- we have lingering thoughts, regrets about stuff we could have done better, and even some yearning of our ex. Even when we are with someone new and amazing, we carry a little of our ex with us. It doesnt seem like we are never in the present moment because of our history. I guess as we get older, we collect more baggage/junk to our personal collection.

I guess what I am trying to say is that society/hollywood protray love as clean and wonderful but it is really like crack cocaine. Moments of extreme ecstasy and lots of craving, anxiety, depression...following by an endless addiction to it. The whole process is quite messy....

Can anyone share a happy ending about relationship and love? Maybe from a personal experience, or from a sibling or parent. I am a little pessemistic about the whole process and need some inspiration.

True love is a living thing like a fruit tree. If you keep taking and dont put in ..it will die. If you look after it ..it will reward you with great strong roots into the ground and grow lovely fruits. Love is the same. We cant have it all our way or abuse it as it wont last. On the other hand put some effort in so its foundations are strong and it will grow more and be even more rewarding as it goes... People think that love just happens but it doesnt...we have to nurture it. If we stop it goes stale and withers. I wish peace and true love to you

Trick question. Anyone in a happy relationship won't be able to provide an example of a happy ending because it hasn't ended.

As for other people, lots of folks out there marry, stay together for life and then die. That's an obvious one so I imagine you're not looking for that.

Lately I have just been doubtful about the whole true love and happy relationships...at least doubting it will happen to me. Seems like everyone else is hooking up and getting marry every after except for me.

Right now, it just feels like relationships are doomed to fail. What are the % of a successful one vs. a failed one?

Trick question. Anyone in a happy relationship won't be able to provide an example of a happy ending because it hasn't ended.

As for other people, lots of folks out there marry, stay together for life and then die. That's an obvious one so I imagine you're not looking for that.

A happy ending... Theres a great way id love to die but cant say here lol ln any case the end doesnt matter it is the journey

Archived