Girlfriend and I broke up... contact.

matius

Hi,

This is weird, for the first time ever I'd love to have an ex as a friend. Of course, she may think that's a laugh... I realize.

We went out for close to a year, and the problem was she found it whack that I needed alone time to develop my skills/dreams. I'm highly driven and things were always stressed. I did make time, probably 3 nights per week on average... sometimes 1/2 the weekend... but she needed more more more.

I can understand how I wasn't really good for her. But it sucks still and all.

We ended relatively calmly and well... well. We said we'd still talk but I'm not sure what sort of relative time frame we're talking. I'd really hope to be friends eventually.

Any ideas?

Hi,

the problem was she found it whack that I needed alone time to develop my skills/dreams. I'm highly driven and things were always stressed. I did make time, probably 3 nights per week on average... sometimes 1/2 the weekend... but she needed more more more.

There is no wrong in staying true to what you need. You know yourself best. If you are unable to do what you need to do while being in this relationship, then why stay? What are the odds that she will respect your needs and you'll equally respect hers?

There is no wrong in staying true to what you need. You know yourself best. If you are unable to do what you need to do while being in this relationship, then why stay? What are the odds that she will respect your needs and you'll equally respect hers?

True. Sacrifice is rough. But I hope we can be friends.

My ex husband and I are best friends and it's absolutely great.

Give her some time, then casually invite her to a gathering of friends (something like, "hey, X and Y and I are heading out to Smart Bar after work. I hadn't heard from you in awhile and would like to catch up. Stop by, if you want.")

That's my advice. Let her know you're open friendship without any pressure on your part. It can only happen if she's open to it, too.

Archived