ill maybe talk to you???

NewDater

I have a 6 date with a girl this week and we spoke earlier today for about 20 minutes as usual which im ok with. We have been dating for 5 weeks now. I dont mind making small talk to keep the relatoinship going but one thing is confusing with me. When we hung up the phone she says ill maybe talk to you tomorrow. What the h#ll does that mean? She said that a couple of times before and one time she called back and one time she didnt. I feel like im getting played here or being used. We talk about every other 2-3 days and see each other once on the weekends. Maybe im reading to much into it. i dont know. But i dont like the word maybe. Its either yes or no.

Lol I'm known for saying maybe too much and it irritates everyone. The reason I prefer to say "maybe" instead of a definite "yes" or "no" is because I don't like committing to something and then have something else come up and thereforee disappointing that person. But I agree, saying, "Maybe I'll talk to you tomorrow." doesn't sound very nice, it comes accross as not being interest in talking to the person. Just point it out to her cause maybe she's not aware of it. Maybe she's just very noncommittal like me lol, but it doesn't necessarily mean she's playing with you.

I dunno, I just don't understand the point in expecting someone to commit to a phone call. If you want to talk to her, dial her. If she wants to talk to you, she can dial you. Planning a date for a phone call would feel a bit too demanding and control-freaky for me. I wouldn't spoil a potentially good thing by making one small line of uncertainty into an issue. I don't always know when I'll be able to call someone, either.

In your corner.

Archived