A bit of a problem

Mr SIBLEY

So I've been going out with a girl for 2 months now and basically things aren't too fantastic.

1. She goes to college with my ex.

2. We don't have too much in common.

3. She's anti-war and I'm joining the Royal Marines soon.

4. We've been arguing over all the little things recently.

Now I haven't been perfect in this relationship, but neither has she. We work together (I know!) about 1/2 days a week. I'm not sure if this is the best relationship to salvage, so failing that. How can I break this off without it turning messy (so work will be easier for us).

Thanks in advance

She may be thinking the same things as you, 'we're not compatible', 'we have nothing in common', 'we argue over little things'. In light of this it may not come as too much of a shock to her. And hopefully as you aren't too invested in each other (only 2 months) it won't be too painful a blow.

Perhaps say to her that you think you'd probably be better off just being friends.

PS, Hi from Cambridge

I'm hopefully applying later this year. She said she wouldn't stay with me if I went too.

I was going to say that while many people don't support the war, they do support their friends, family and neighbors who fight for their country. Scratch that! Glad you got it worked out that you are "just friends" & you both are alright with that.

Archived