epsilon2x

I would have been turned off too. Before the bouncer put his hand on the OP, he was just doing his job and the OP was being disrespectful and ignoring him. Maybe the bouncer was just starting with him and planned on moving onto the rest of the crowd to tell them to leave, but since the OP was being so rude he didn't have a chance to move on. And there was no need to degrade him. I'm more attracted to a man that can handle himself without getting physically and verbally aggressive.

either way the fact remains that the bouncer should not have been so heavy handed, those who oppose, have you ever had anyone smack the back of your neck! its easy to sit back and be armchair critics, but when youve had it done to you, its a different matter. what the victim should have done was report him to his governing body, like the SIA or the old bill (police) and sued his caveman ass! he was lucky he got a push.

Summary:

1) OP was disrespectful in a passive-aggressive manner towards bouncer -> dumb move

2) Bouncer resorted to physical action -> dumber move

3) OP verbally threatens bouncer -> perhaps the dumbest move of the night

Even if this bouncer is not up to the task, maybe there's another bigger bouncer around the corner. That club must have weak bouncers, most bouncers I know would not have let the OP leave under his own power. And don't talk about "rights", most bouncers are friends with the police as they have to work together on a nightly basis. Who is the cop going to believe, the bouncer he is friends with or the loud, angry, drunk guy? You may be feeling pretty proud - I'd be feeling lucky.

Appendix: the OP and his GF had hot sex.... umm ok?!

A man that can handle himself and doesn't get pushed around by other males is a turn off?>

Having an attitude and temper problem is a turn-off to me. Of course a strong guy who can hold his own is attractive, but aggression is not. If I were the girlfriend I'd be really embarrassed.

Summary:

1) OP was disrespectful in a passive-aggressive manner towards bouncer -> dumb move

2) Bouncer resorted to physical action -> dumber move

3) OP verbally threatens bouncer -> perhaps the dumbest move of the night

Even if this bouncer is not up to the task, maybe there's another bigger bouncer around the corner. That club must have weak bouncers, most bouncers I know would not have let the OP leave under his own power. And don't talk about "rights", most bouncers are friends with the police as they have to work together on a nightly basis. Who is the cop going to believe, the bouncer he is friends with or the loud, angry, drunk guy? You may be feeling pretty proud - I'd be feeling lucky.

Appendix: the OP and his GF had hot sex.... umm ok?!

the cop and bouncer relationship is not always the way. if he had reported the assault and had the bouncer arrested cop and bouncer relationship doesnt exist and if it did, a good brief would see through that.

he was only abusive when the bouncer twatted him

bottom line again he should have reported him first, if the bouncers mates were scattered around he should have radioed his colleauges rallied em up and made there prescence known to to op and the other 20.

cat amongst the pigeons.

Archived