how to go about this?

LAYAAN

so, I was thinking the other day.

I really want to date more men and get an understanding of what qualities I like in them, what I find attractive, what I don't find attractive. I'm raised in a small family, went to catholic girls school and used to sweat just looking at men. I sure have come a long way but I am very prone to making bad judgements about men. So, while I'm trying to focus on school, should I just put up my profile on a site like match or plentyoffish? and just keep going on dates? and if it leads somewhere fine, if it doesn't atleast I got experience. I'm trying to stay away from EH b'coz I think its "serious" that men there seem to be eager to get married. Yes, I'm looking with an intention of getting married too but I still have a year to 2 to focus on school and I can use additional experience with men. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll continue to make poor choices. People go from match to EH. I'm going in opposite direction What do you all say?

Thank you.

what? I'm sorry I didn't get what you mean by that.

ahh... ok ok... got it... I know you are against online dating. So, you are saying "get out there. Do some activities and try to meet men that way." But I'm into girly stuff. Cooking, arts, crafts, yoga. Recently I've joined hiking club. But thats it.

Yes, but I haven't met anyone through hiking group yet. I go hiking every weekend and I don't look cute when I'm sweating and my hair going in all possible directions. So, I really wonder if a man will even notice me. And, no, I didn't join hiking so I could meet men, I joined the club to get out of house and explore the nearby areas and I really feel happy doing it.

I don't understand why so many ppl are still opposed to online dating.

I was on match for about 4 months and I'd say that overall it was a good experience. Just be very careful with who you choose to go on dates with, there are a lot of creepy guys on there lol. I met someone on there about 6 months ago and we are still dating. He's better than the guys I've met at the bars or other social outings.

I'd say start off with the month-to-month memebership and if you like it sign up for the 3 month deal. Good luck!

i think you need to go where the men are. that means, yes, online dating, but other places too. church, activity groups, co-ed sports, sports bars, car shows, community events, the park, etc..... don't try to meet men in the self-help section of the bookstore or at a knitting club. i sometimes meet men when i go out with a like-minded woman my age and we go somewhere with the intention of chatting up men. we'll sit at the bar, and she'll make a comment to a random guy about something - what he's drinking, what he's wearing, and that starts a conversation. she's good at it!

Tinu, I've used internet dating for a while now, and been more serious with it the last year and gone on a whole heap of dates. I go into it trying to find a long-term partner, but that hasn't happened yet.. Still I think it's been a really good experience for me. Like you I was very shy and didn't have much experience with guys when I was younger, so this has been a way for me to get an understanding of the dating process and what I do and don't like in guys. I would recommend going to a semi-good site and seeing who contacts you - screen them for potentials and then start emailing and meeting up for coffee. With each date your confidence will grow and you'll get closer to knowing what you want!

Ammy

Tinu, I've used internet dating for a while now, and been more serious with it the last year and gone on a whole heap of dates. I go into it trying to find a long-term partner, but that hasn't happened yet.. Still I think it's been a really good experience for me. Like you I was very shy and didn't have much experience with guys when I was younger, so this has been a way for me to get an understanding of the dating process and what I do and don't like in guys. I would recommend going to a semi-good site and seeing who contacts you - screen them for potentials and then start emailing and meeting up for coffee. With each date your confidence will grow and you'll get closer to knowing what you want!

Ammy

Thank you Ammy.

Archived