Time to give up?

Bravo

I have grown interested in a girl at my school who is two years younger than me. I consider myself a pretty attractive, nice guy who is a total package. The girl and I have a mutual friend who was and may be still interested in me. Anyway, I sent an email to this girl about a week ago asking for her phone number and I told her I would like to do something over the weekend. She replied to my email by giving me her phone number and saying "i can't do anything tomorrow because im going shopping with my sister. thank you so much though, i'd like do something sometime soon! see you tomorrow!" Sounds good right? well the other night I went to the school basketball game and saw her sitting in one seat from the aisle with her friends... So I worked up enough courage to go ask her if I could sit there. She smiled said sure and turned to talk to her friend without turning to me again... She stayed at the game for about another 10 minutes then needed to go so she said excuse me with a smile and a side glance and I stood up to let her by.... I called later that night and sensed i interrupted her so I quickly asked if I was in fact interrupting her. She said she was doing her homework and I said ok, ill let you get back to it, but I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner this weekend. She was "unsure" if she was going to be in town and she said I will see you tomorrow. OKAY..... Next day I didnt see her partially because I got sick, and had no breaks between classes.

Ive pretty much backed off now I mean the ball is on her court. She has my phone number because I called her, I extended the invitation and she should be able to respond to it if she damn well pleases. I am just worried that she may be very shy..... is it time to forget about it?

thanks,

If she was interested in you, she'd make time. So I'd drop it too.

You can end it by saying "well, I'm interested in getting to know you - so if you are too, give me a call sometime". That will remove any ambiguity about whose court the ball is in, and doesn't make you look like a stalker either.

Archived